Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So no one runs the magpul fixed rifle stock? Just curious , how sturdy it actually feels and how the cheekweld is? As it looks like the a1/a2 comb height and about a a1 LOP.

Like this pic, which is comparing the fixed stock to the prs
    I have a Magpul rifle stock and I really like it. As others have said it's a bit longer than most adjustable stocks fully extended. The look, feel, and overall quality of the piece is impressive to me. I typically over think things and get really hung up on my impressions of quality. I know I have probably missed out on some things because for whatever reason I can't get past a first impression that I didn't find favorable but it's not the case worth this piece. The stock frankly exceeded my expectations. No slop in the release button for the storage compartment or the door, it's finished very well inside and out.

I have it mounted to a Mega forged upper and lower set, there is no noticeable movement of the stock attached to the lower and there is also no movement between the lower and upper so it just feels like one rigid piece. If I grab the forend woth my left hand and the end of th.e stock with my right and twist, I feel no movement. It really came together nicely. I can't compare the cheek weld to much as I really haven't been exposed to everything but it feels almost identical to my ACS-L ( the only other stock I own currently) when shouldering as far as my cheek on the stock which I really like.

Anyway, just the impressions of a novice but I won't be switching it. I like the overall feel of the rifle too much, there are many reasons but the stock I think is a huge part of it. I don't imagine the quality of the part would turn you off, more whether or not you want to lose the flexibility of the adjustable stock. I have found that I really don't ever move the adjustable stocks I have used once they're set though. Considering I built the rifle as a bench gun almost exclusively for shooting at the outdoor range close to my house I wouldn't change a thing and absolutely don't regret the choice. YMMV, hope this helps in some way. Be sure to let us know what you decide!
    Last edited by XACT_ABORT; 10 July 2014 at 18:57.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^ Thanks for the reply..ya havent decided yet, kinda re-doing that build slowly, just swapped out the rail to something better and now want to address the stock and trigger, gun has a 18" rainier match barrel that proves to shoot very good groups so far with factory and hand loaded ammo, even with a crappy,gritty mil spec trigger..lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'd ask, like many other things with guns, how do you intend to use the weapon? You mention it's a SPR-type bench/prone gun, so I'm guessing that's the only way you shoot it, correct? If so, I'm guessing a fixed stock would be fine. But if you use it (or ever intend to use it) in a more tactical or dynamic (for lack of a better word) environment, being able to collapse or extend the stock is good to keep your proper eye-relief.

Personally, I don't just shoot my MK12 from the prone or bench (and even when moving between the two, I need to adjust LOP, depending on how much zoom I'm using), so I like the ability to adjust the stock. Every time I think about getting an A2 stock for my MK12 to make it "more correct," I then realize that I enjoy shooting it more than taking pictures, and being able to occassionally do either a SPR class or a local tactical precision match recages my desires back to what I already have (which happens to be an ACS).

But again, I'd say it's how you want to use (or continue to use) your gun.
    I actually went from a SOPMOD on my Mk12 to an A1. It took getting used to on my Mod 0 since the eyepiece has to be a bit further forward, but it feels more natural now. I actually am converting mine from Mod 0 to Mod 1 right now, but I plan to stick to the A1 stock on that lower. If I really want to shoot with a collapsible stock, I can just drop it on my SBR lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems like the A1 is the happy medium between the three conventional choices if you want a fixed stock. I just have what already works for me and my shooting disciplines, so I'm sticking with it.

Oh, I should have clarified, mine is a MOD 1, as well (Centurion Arms), but with non-clone optic (the horror!) and the ACS. Sure is a sweet shooter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well to somewhat update this,gonna give the Magpul rifle length fixed stock a try, as i just checked thru my local supplier.........and they have these in stock..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had an A2, the magpul rifle length fixed, and currently have the shorter magpul fixed.

I like the fixed stocks for a couple of reasons. I never found much reason to play with stock length, once I found the length I like, outside of trying to get it into a smaller bag/case/space. No body armor, and only during the coldest weeks of the winter would I be wearing clothing heavy enough to require adjusting stock length.

Also, I'm that guy who hates a gun that rattles. I understand that it is neither here nor there in practice, it is just a personal preference. But I ditched the adjustable stocks prolly 3 guns back. It also simplifies your lower build, when you don't need a special wrench for a special nut on the buffer tube, and don't have to debate as to whether or not to stake that nut. I just skipped it all.

The A2 was too long, as I have short stubby arms. I could live with the magpul fixed rifle, but would have liked to take another 1/2-3/4" off of it. The fixed carbine length magpul that I have now is perfect for me, but admittedly too short for most people. I am sure an extended pad would fix that for most people. Also note though, that this stock only works with adjustable buffer tubes that use the castle nut, which defeats part of what I said I liked about fixed stocks above. However, I didn't build the gun it is being used on, so in this case, it isn't an issue for me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well mounted up the magpul MOE rifle length fixed stock today, along with swapped out the old troy rail for a samson evo.Overall first impression on this stock are good, perfect cheek weld with the scope and ADM mount.

Also measured this stock at just over 10" from the back of the receiver and the measured a regular carbine 6 pos. stock and ctr and all the way out it measured 10 1/2" , so pretty close.

Quick iphone pic

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Downloads
    Uploads
    MF, I'm digging that rifle. Looks like we had a similar idea in mind, mine is still waiting on a scope and mount. Collecting dust I'm sad to say. I almost went with the same forend and muzzle device, but I decided on a Midwest Industries piece with a phantom... Anyhow I hope you like the stock and again the gun looks sweet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not a fan of fixed stocks, but that rifle looks great!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Well mounted up the magpul MOE rifle length fixed stock today, along with swapped out the old troy rail for a samson evo.Overall first impression on this stock are good, perfect cheek weld with the scope and ADM mount.

Also measured this stock at just over 10" from the back of the receiver and the measured a regular carbine 6 pos. stock and ctr and all the way out it measured 10 1/2" , so pretty close.

Quick iphone pic

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    That makes me want that stock on my 18" build. I'll be running that scope and mount as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks guys..its my first build and sorta just revamped a few things..the trigger is another thing it needs..poor thing is running a stock PSA FCG with a polish job on it..lol

Also a VG6 gamma in stainless would look better..but one thing at a time..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been meaning to add mine since we started discussing the rifle stocks...This one is materially complete but I'm embarrassed to say has been sitting for awhile... stupid busy lately. Still needs a bipod, scope, and mount. Although I'm pretty sure I'm going to move the scope from my other gun.