Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Primary Arms Holosun Micro Red Dot

Primary Arms is introducing the Holosun Micro Red Dot. As I understand it, these are not a Primary Arms branded Red Dot. They are distributing one of their OEM Factories Brand. The specs are similar to their other new Advanced Series Red Dot, but in a smaller package. This optic boasts a 2 MOA Dot and 50k battery life with an auto 8 hour shut off. One other thing of note is, these optics can only be used with the 2 included mounts are they are non-standard patterns.

Description:

We are pleased to introduce the new Holosun Micro Red Dot

LINK TO PURCHASE ONLY $169.99

No More Battery Housing? It is hidden in the base and with extreme battery life and auto shutoff a new battery is seldom needed. Less to block your view.

Features of Aspheric HS403 Red Dot Sight:

New LED with advanced technology allows up to 50,000 hours of operation on one battery

Specifications:

•Front Lens is angled to prevent glare
    •2 MOA dot size
    •Submersible to 100 feet
    •Unlimited field of view
    •Parallax-free with unlimited eye relief
    •Unaffected by extreme weather conditions
    •Durable and reliable construction
    •Lowest profile emitter on the market
    •Push button brightness setting
    •Auto shutoff after 8 hours
    •Auto awake to medium setting with movement
    •Includes lower 1/3 AR height mount and low base
    •2 night vision settings
    •Weight: 4.2 oz with the riser mounted and the battery
    •Working temperature: 14 °F to 122 °F
    •Storage temperature: -4°F to 158°F
    •Limited Lifetime Warranty

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a great deal for the price. Might have to try one of these.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would like to see a POV of the recticle, their other micros had build up around the led that bothered me just a little.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw one of these yesterday evening, UW, after your post on other Primary Arms red dots. It looked interesting, vs. a T1 or H1 which cost $400 + dollars more. The only thing that kills the deal for me is lack of a QD mount for these. Still, they look interesting and might be worth a second look.

Has anyone heard of the HoloSun brand before, or know anything about their products?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Would like to see a POV of the recticle, their other micros had build up around the led that bothered me just a little.

Image credit: Marshall Lerner (CEO of PA), sourced from another forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the pic, that's what I needed to see. No build up around the emitter, looks promising.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do wish however my other mounts would have been compatible with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

HoloSun

I was under the impression, don't know where I picked this up, but the smaller objective lens size is suitable for close quarters vs. say 300 meters should be about 40mm. The Aimpoint pro has a 38mm lens.

I was thinking that these smaller sights (lens size) are suited to CQB/Entry Team type situations, but not really suitable for fast acquisition. On targets 50 meters +, the red dot's lens should be in the 40mm - ish range.

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks,

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 8 April 2014 at 17:59. Reason: correction
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    not too shabby, maybe i'll grab one of these

Downloads
    Uploads
    Auto on-off is a nice feature. I'm not to hot on push button controls but its nice to see a company offering smothing similar to an aimpoint at a lower price. Curious to see how it compares in terms of durability.

A big question in my mind is if the optic has to be unmounted in order to change the battery?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone tried one of these yet?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been running one for a few weeks now. YES. You have to pull the RDS off of the mount to battery swap, but if their claims are right on battery life, that shouldn't be necessary but every few years.

The tall mount is much higher than lower 1/3. It's too tall. You can still run your irons but you lose a lot of the rear app in the bottom of the RDS.

The auto off and on really does work. If you pick up the gun it might not come on, but any type of jaring movement will kick it on. Firing the weapon will cause the site to come on if you have it off. A tap on the gun anywhere will cause it to come on.

If you have irons that are more than 7 or 8 clicks off of mechanical zero, the high mount becomes a real pain in the ass because the irons are even more blocked as you get into the upward curve of the site's tube. I had to pull it off of a gun and move it to a different one that shoots closer to a perfect mechanical zero.

I do like the sight. We've shot it from CQB out to 400 and 500 yards. There is a bluish color to the lenses/sight pic, but nothing problematic.

The mount, however sucks because of the height. I don't understand how they screwed that up. And you can't use a different T1 mount according to PA posts on ARFcom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the review Markm. Nice to know the mount is to tall.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sucks you cant use T1 mounts like the other micro red dot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've been running one for a few weeks now. YES. You have to pull the RDS off of the mount to battery swap, but if their claims are right on battery life, that shouldn't be necessary but every few years.

The tall mount is much higher than lower 1/3. It's too tall. You can still run your irons but you lose a lot of the rear app in the bottom of the RDS.

The auto off and on really does work. If you pick up the gun it might not come on, but any type of jaring movement will kick it on. Firing the weapon will cause the site to come on if you have it off. A tap on the gun anywhere will cause it to come on.

If you have irons that are more than 7 or 8 clicks off of mechanical zero, the high mount becomes a real pain in the ass because the irons are even more blocked as you get into the upward curve of the site's tube. I had to pull it off of a gun and move it to a different one that shoots closer to a perfect mechanical zero.

I do like the sight. We've shot it from CQB out to 400 and 500 yards. There is a bluish color to the lenses/sight pic, but nothing problematic.

The mount, however sucks because of the height. I don't understand how they screwed that up. And you can't use a different T1 mount according to PA posts on ARFcom.
    This pretty well sums up the review I am writing currently lol. The blue hasn't bothered me much, even at night. The dot is crisp and the glass is clear. The size of the emitter is truly tiny. For a sub 200 dollar optic I have been impressed. I haven't abused it yet, that is part 2...and will include video.