Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coming Soon: Gear Sector Mod 3 Scout Light Offset Mount

Coming soon is the Gear Sector Mod 3 Scout Light Offset Mount. The Mod 3 introduces a 1144 Stress proof heat treated full width steel index. Hopefully Jason Trusty can chime in later and fill us in on all the Mod 3 differences. Checkout all the offerings from Gear Sector here.

Description

The Patented [ US Patent No. D669,149 ] Gear Sector™ offset flashlight mount was designed to provide a low profile, ergonomic solution for attaching a weapon light to a Picatinny rail. We designed the mount to fit perfectly flush with the Tango Down rail panels for an uninterrupted rail space. This model fits the Surefire Scout Light® series lights which include the M300A, M300B, M600B, M600C, and M600U weapon lights. It comes complete with all mounting hardware, screws, allen keys, and Vibra-Tite® to make installation fast and easy. Mod 3 introduces an 1144 StressProof® heat treated full width steel index.

Surefire® M300A
    Surefire® M300B
    Surefire® M600B
    Surefire® M600C
    Surefire® M600U

Materials & Construction

The Surefire Scout Light® Offset Flashlight Mount is constructed using multiple base materials and is precision CNC machined from billet stock. Material and finish processes are outlined below:
    Base Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
    Base Finish: Cerakote™ Dark Earth ( H-235 ) over clear Type III, Class II Hard Coat
    Index Material: 1144 StressProof® heat treated steel
    Index Finish: Nitrocarburising by Nitrotec®
    Weight: 0.96 ozs.
    Compliance: 100% Berry Amendment Compliant
    Origin: Proudly Made in the USA

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love these mounts.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    But...why?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gorgeous. Gear Sector makes some really nice stuff. I'm in the market for a Scout light, might have to give this a shot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    But...why?
    Because we can.

But in all seriousness, we are always listening to our customers and always looking to improve where improvement is possible. We are extremely proud of our track record. To date, I can count the number of component failures on one hand. That said, those few failures are enough in my book to bring us back to the drawing board to see if further improvement is possible. All Mod 0 parts ( first run ) utilized a cross bolt that threaded directly into the outboard side of the base. This method was more than adequate, however, you can always count on someone to torque beyond recommended specs. That said, we set out to see if we could alleviate this point of failure and therefore remove the need for a torque spec altogether.

By introducing a full width 1144 Stressproof steel index, we achieved just that. You simply can not strip the threaded index. You will shear the head off the grade 8 fastener long before you shear the threads out of the index.

While redesigning the clamping mechanism, we also looked to reduce the total component weight without reducing component strength or esthetics ( we are big into esthetics - a component should look as good as it functions ).

Even after adding a full width steel index and steel spring pin, we were still able to reduce component weight roughly 30% across the board. Keep in mind all components are moving to Mod 3 status. Weight savings % is entirely dependent on model. But as an example, Mod 0 Scout mounts weighed 1.2ozs and the new Mod 3 weighs .96ozs. ( stronger & lighter - what's not to like? )

We also added new functionality to some parts. For example, our QD sling mounts now feature 8 clock position indexing for improved weapon carry. We also came up with an improved method for cutting the detent geometry in the socket that is superior to every other QD socket mount on the market - this new method increases the load bearing capability of the QD swivel.

Lastly, we have many new mounts already in production to add to our ever growing product line. You can expect to see them in coming months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Because we can.

But in all seriousness, we are always listening to our customers and always looking to improve where improvement is possible. We are extremely proud of our track record. To date, I can count the number of component failures on one hand. That said, those few failures are enough in my book to bring us back to the drawing board to see if further improvement is possible. All Mod 0 parts ( first run ) utilized a cross bolt that threaded directly into the outboard side of the base. This method was more than adequate, however, you can always count on someone to torque beyond recommended specs. That said, we set out to see if we could alleviate this point of failure and therefore remove the need for a torque spec altogether.

By introducing a full width 1144 Stressproof steel index, we achieved just that. You simply can not strip the threaded index. You will shear the head off the grade 8 fastener long before you shear the threads out of the index.

While redesigning the clamping mechanism, we also looked to reduce the total component weight without reducing component strength or esthetics ( we are big into esthetics - a component should look as good as it functions ).

Even after adding a full width steel index and steel spring pin, we were still able to reduce component weight roughly 30% across the board. Keep in mind all components are moving to Mod 3 status. Weight savings % is entirely dependent on model. But as an example, Mod 0 Scout mounts weighed 1.2ozs and the new Mod 3 weighs .96ozs. ( stronger & lighter - what's not to like? )

We also added new functionality to some parts. For example, our QD sling mounts now feature 8 clock position indexing for improved weapon carry. We also came up with an improved method for cutting the detent geometry in the socket that is superior to every other QD socket mount on the market - this new method increases the load bearing capability of the QD swivel.

Lastly, we have many new mounts already in production to add to our ever growing product line. You can expect to see them in coming months.

So if I want the 0.7oz model I better buy it now before you switch to the heavier and completely unnecessary if you aren't an idiot with an s7 tool steel rail and an orangutans upper body...? I don't like the new model because it's heavier and unnecessary. I know you deliver what's asked by the majority. Any successful inventor does. That's just how I'm interpreting what happened and my stance on it. I'm sure it performs as advertised and is as well executed as your other products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait...what? The new model is lighter according to Jason's description.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like the new model because it's heavier and unnecessary.
    I read it that the new units will be lighter, not heavier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure who Mr. Gifford is or why he seems to have a beef with me ( maybe he works for a competitor? ), but reading is fundamental. He already quoted me, but let me quote myself again for the record:

Mod 0 Scout mounts weighed 1.2ozs and the new Mod 3 weighs .96ozs. ( stronger & lighter - what's not to like? )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure who Mr. Gifford is or why he seems to have a beef with me ( maybe he works for a competitor? ), but reading is fundamental. He already quoted me, but let me quote myself again for the record:

Mr. Trusty, I have a beef... where are those Gear Sector Rails?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    No kidding, tease me with some pretty pics and I get nothing. These tactics remind me of someone I'm married to.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Mr. Trusty, I have a beef... where are those Gear Sector Rails?!

Ditto....I had to pick up a Odin Works rail waited as long as I could for the Gear Sector rail.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jason where is this rail? I want either a 9.75" or a 10.75".
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gear Sector Mod 3 Scout Light Offset Mount at MidwayUSA

Ordered on Tuesday, received on Friday. Nice mount! Works great with my Surefire M300B. Using it on a Troy Alpha rail and I dig it so far.

I'll post some photos eventually. Too busy enjoying Spring!

Downloads
    Uploads

your mod2 product is listed as 0.7oz.
    http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...s&daysprune=-1
    There is nothing to beef over. Numbers is numbers. I'm no mathematician, but 0.7 is tinier than 0.96. Ordering a mod 2 while I can still get one. Never met you. I work in healthcare. Don't take it personal. I just have no use for a mount stronger than my rail by such a large margin at a 26% weight penalty over your mod2.