Downloads
    Uploads

BCM Intermediate Receiver Extension A5

Unlike the Vltor A5 this booger has 8 positions.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-I...mediate-re.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome! Always wanted to to try the A5 system. I might end up with this on the Noveske build
    Last edited by DutyUse; 9 March 2015 at 23:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone try one of these? Will any stock work?

Using decent ammo I shouldn't have any problems on a BCM 14.5 middy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any stock that takes a standard mil-spec diameter receiver extension will work with an A5 RE, but at least on the Vltor units, stocks with a short overall length won' t collapse far enough to fit flush with the lower. The Vltor Emod at least is long enough, but my B5 SOPMOD doesn't close past the second position (not that I ever collapse mine all the way anyway). I was under the impression that the BCM A5 tubes with the extra position will allow full closure of shorter stocks, but I might be smoking crack since I can't remember where I saw that. I'm still waiting for the one from V7 to drop, but if it doesn't happen by the time I get a stamp I'll probably try out the new BCM model.

As long as your rifle runs well in its current configuration you won't have any problems with an A5. A LOT has been written about the A5 over on M4C if you want to do some research.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The A5 basically runs the same as a rifle system buffer without the additional length. They are much more forgiving as to the upper being used than most buffer/spring combinations. The only time I have had any issues with the A5 is with exactly what DutyUse is asking about. My VLTOR A5 had issues with a 14.5" middy Daniel Defense barrel'ed set up. Ejection pattern was erratic and almost never locked back on a empty mag. I find that most DD barrels are slightly over-gassed due to larger than most gas ports. I would expect similar or worse results on other manufacturers barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Anyone try one of these? Will any stock work?

Using decent ammo I shouldn't have any problems on a BCM 14.5 middy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    The A5 basically runs the same as a rifle system buffer without the additional length. They are much more forgiving as to the upper being used than most buffer/spring combinations. The only time I have had any issues with the A5 is with exactly what DutyUse is asking about. My VLTOR A5 had issues with a 14.5" middy Daniel Defense barrel'ed set up. Ejection pattern was erratic and almost never locked back on a empty mag. I find that most DD barrels are slightly over-gassed due to larger than most gas ports. I would expect similar or worse results on other manufacturers barrels.
    I agree with what SINNER says. My BCM mid-length has a smaller gas port and will not lock back with some lower pressure ammo. It's on a rifle with a carbine length receiver extension and H buffer.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, thanks guys.

Will a 16" noveske mid length run into the same problems? Can't I always fine tune it with buffer & spring weight combos? Or am I better off sticking with a regular carbine buffer system? Sorry not very familiar with the A5 system but would like to try it out.
    Last edited by DutyUse; 10 March 2015 at 12:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    16" mid length and 18" rifle lengths run just fine on it.