Downloads
    Uploads

New offset Scout mounts from Surefire

Surefire has come out with a couple new offset mounts for their Scout lights.

RM45

The SureFire RM45 off-set mount, designed specifically for Scout Light® models equipped with a thumbscrew clamp, positions the light in the off-set position between the rails of a MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) forend, decreasing overall weapon profile and limiting potential snag factor. The robust RM45 is constructed of lightweight but strong aerospace aluminum that’s hard anodized with a Mil-Spec Type III finish—so it’s extremely durable and resists corrosion while adding very little weight to your weapon. Make your already low-profile Scout Light even more streamlined by using this innovative, one-of-kind mount.

FITS: M300, M300V, M600U, M600V, M600P, M600AA

Features
    • Attaches thumbscrew-clamp-equipped Scout Lights to MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail forends—positioning the light in the off-set position—for lower profile and reduced snag potential
    • Lightweight, durable construction—aerospace aluminum coated with Mil-Spec Type III hard anodizing
    • Available in Black and Desert Tan
    • Backed by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee

http://www.surefire.com/parts-access...ail-mount.html

RM45L

The SureFire RM45L off-set mount, designed specifically to fit the wider footprint of Scout Light,® models equipped with a Swing-Lever™ clamp, positions the light in the off-set position between the rails of a MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) forend, decreasing overall weapon profile and limiting potential snag factor. The robust RM45L is constructed of lightweight but strong aerospace aluminum that’s hard anodized with a Mil-Spec Type III finish—so it’s extremely durable and resists corrosion while adding very little weight to a weapon. Makes your already low-profile Scout Light even more streamlined by using this innovative, one-of-kind mount.

FITS: M620, M620V, M620P

Features
    • Attaches Swing-Lever™ clamp-equipped Scout Lights to MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rail forends—positioning the light in the off-set position—for lower profile and reduced snag potential
    • Lightweight, durable construction—aerospace aluminum coated with Mil-Spec Type III hard anodizing
    • Available in Black and Desert Tan
    • Backed by SureFire’s No-Hassle Guarantee

http://www.surefire.com/parts-access...ies/rm45l.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    While they look nice, the fact that they're only picatinny is disappointing. SF seems to be about 3 years behind the times.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are pretty and I may be biased but I think Arisaka takes the cake! And I don't own either...yet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    While they look nice, the fact that they're only picatinny is disappointing. SF seems to be about 3 years behind the times.
    I thought the same thing when I read their advertising email today. I'm sure customer demand will push a KM version through quickly

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do look nice, but $69? Ouch. I have no idea why someone would take the M300/600 mount from Surefire over a Gear Sector.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    For pic mounts I really like the IWC ones I've used.

These SF mounts seem needlessly bulky because they don't rotate the Scout body. Or maybe it's the RIS II that just makes them look bulky