Thread: OSS FHMB

Downloads
    Uploads

OSS FHMB

This has become my newest object of desire(which can change up to 3x's an hour). This is the system on the new HK MR556A1-SD. From what I understand it's the internals of the OSS suppressor but has no baffles, so it's a flash hider instead and non-NFA. Since it has no baffles supposedly it does not create anymore back pressure, so no gas in the face. The shell which can be purchased separately is the serial #'d part that will need a tax stamp. The shell can be used with either their 5.56 or 7.62 internals so it's multi caliber. When the shell is installed it does not add any additional length to the rifle.

http://www.oss-online.com/flash-hide...ke--fhmb-.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    OSS is definitely an interesting system. The neat thing to do is to pin the FHMB to a 12" barrel. Then when you purchase the sleeve, you can have a fully supressed 16" rifle with no stamp associated with the rifle itself. And no blowback :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a flash hider welded to a Battlecomp attached to a tube and then smacked into the pavement to get all bendy. Pretty machining though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HardEight View Post
    OSS is definitely an interesting system. The neat thing to do is to pin the FHMB to a 12" barrel. Then when you purchase the sleeve, you can have a fully supressed 16" rifle with no stamp associated with the rifle itself. And no blowback :)
    Most of it goes over the barrel. If you put it on a 12" barrel you would only be around 14".
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think they have it engineered to be about half and half. According to their literature:

"The BPR1™ Over The Barrel suppressor offers several mission enhancing capabilities. The difference being OTB allows us to add minimal length to your weapon, 3.9″, and transfers the axis point of your weapon back towards the center point, making it easier to control/drive your weapon."

I'll have to check. I have access to a few of these. They came through and did a demo day not too long ago and these things are wicked. They do what they say they do. I actually have one of their BA Flash Comps on one of my personal rifles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you like the comp?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it so far. It does have a more noticeable flash than something like a Blackout, but it doesn't seem as bad as something like a full out brake.
    It seems to keep the muzzle pretty steady also.

I hope to get a chance to do some low light photography and compare it to some other competitor products out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got to play around with one. Interesting design. I like how it goes into a different direction than your standard baffle stack. I have no doubt that this will help with the with the blow back. Can't wait to use one at the range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh is the haterade about to come out!
    flickr
    facebook