Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I probably won't ever own a factory made rifle. Having invested in the tools, it's definitely cheaper to build a high quality rifle that is the sum of its parts by about half again what you would pay for the factory gun. That said, I sure as hell would like a KAC barrel and bolt to make my parts gun a 100% genuine KAC rifle, but the barrel in it is no slouch. Guys like Stick and Rich would agree, I dare say. The key is having armorer training to make the guns legitimately well assembled vs. being a YouTube scholar (Nothing wrong with that), but having a cred to back up your skill validates your work in a lot of people's eyes.

One other thing to consider: even the factory built rifle is worth more as parts than whole in this flat, buyer's market.

I will keep building on a hobbyist basis for now, but if another panic buy rolls around, I will happily sell down to a few, keeping only my most prized AR's. Until then, I have no plan to decide which ones I will keep, aside from my NFA wives.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeky73 View Post
    I intend to put a Sharp's bcg in there at some point.
    Don't! I had one, and a pair of bolts. NOT all they're cracked up o be. Carrier was dimensionally out of spec bad enough to cause the nickel Teflon to rub off and both bolts had DEEP tool marks on them.

If you need a fancy bolt get an LMT E-Bolt. If you need an entire fancy BCG get literally any of the other boutique ones out there. Forward Controls, Cryptic, LMT...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Don't! I had one, and a pair of bolts. NOT all they're cracked up o be. Carrier was dimensionally out of spec bad enough to cause the nickel Teflon to rub off and both bolts had DEEP tool marks on them.

If you need a fancy bolt get an LMT E-Bolt. If you need an entire fancy BCG get literally any of the other boutique ones out there. Forward Controls, Cryptic, LMT...
    thanks for the info, that's disappointing to hear, a lot of people rave about them.