Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ALRIGHT!!!!! Officially picked out the rails to go with the pistol build and NO, I'm not saying until the fat lady sings, or until it's assembled

Time for some drilling of barrels though :'(
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    Definitely harder than the other barrels (standard parkerized & one stainless). The bit took longer to cut in and I didn't end up drilling the dimples quite as deep.
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You think your funny not telling us what rail you picked?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You think your funny not telling us what rail you picked?
    Hahahaha, yes. Lolololol it's fairly common rail and pick will soon follow. I can say I decided on a 10" rail instead of a 12" with kx5 mainly because I did tell myself these two were going to be a mid range price ar's....so can't drop 125 bucks on a brake plus rails.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should check out ALG's rails. Here's a link to the new M-LOK version:

http://algdefense.com/10-ergonomic-m...black-174.html

13" is $115 and 10" is $100.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update 4 is up! not big, but one of the many stepping stones. Shout out to rainier for superb shipping! Rail for the pistol is due to come in this week and the full assembly of both AR will be posted in update 5, the last one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have all of my gas blocks pinned and dimpled. At the very least you should have it dimpled. You're right, the nitride coatings make some of these drilled impossible without the right jig and drill bit. I would not trust a gas block that's just screwed in. Range use only, ok.

I have this question into my guy at Aero, so I'll update it.

As for the KNS pins. I think they're a waste of money, return them if you can. Unless you're using a F/A lower, then maybe I'd use'em.
    I contacted Aero, and they confirmed none of their barrels are dimpled for set screws. If anyone else buys a complete upper from them vs a bare barrel, Aero uses knurled set screws and rocksett with low-pro gas blocks. So far they have said they've had no issues.

Obviously it's preferable to have it dimpled from the manufacturer as they would have it finished after dimpling and no bare metal would be exposed, but looks like you did a pretty good job doing it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I contacted Aero, and they confirmed none of their barrels are dimpled for set screws. If anyone else buys a complete upper from them vs a bare barrel, Aero uses knurled set screws and rocksett with low-pro gas blocks. So far they have said they've had no issues.

Obviously it's preferable to have it dimpled from the manufacturer as they would have it finished after dimpling and no bare metal would be exposed, but looks like you did a pretty good job doing it yourself.
    And a huge shout out to you for convincing me otherwise. Obviously I'm still in the platform learning phase lol.

But yeah, surprisingly it wasn't that bad to drill. Just have some mismatched sized dimples lol

Any idea what I can do to cover up the bare metal?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's done!!!!!!! pic in OP
    Last edited by Soisauss; 21 June 2014 at 23:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    no love for my completed builds?

lolol

Downloads
    Uploads
    So how do they shoot? What ammo are you shooting?

Especially curious on the 10.5 aero barrel/ mini ra comp/ carbine buffer pistol...also what sights or optics did u put on it?...
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 27 June 2014 at 02:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soisauss you lied, the pistol build isn't finished. There isn't any sights or optics on it. Besides the fact that you're a liar I'm digging the pistol build.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    So how do they shoot? What ammo are you shooting?

Especially curious on the 10.5 aero barrel/ mini ra comp/ carbine buffer pistol...also what sights or optics did u put on it?...
    Haven't shot it yet, been slumped with work. Planning on using strict 62g ammo.

The mini comp well be swapped out for a strike industries cookie cutter comp and the mini well be donated to my 7" pistol build which will be I'm my hands in s couple days.

As far as optics, haven't decided yet add I still need to get the mbuis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Soisauss you lied, the pistol build isn't finished. There isn't any sights or optics on it. Besides the fact that you're a liar I'm digging the pistol build.
    Lol lol kinda sorta lied lol working on getting magpul mbuis in the next few days.

Thanks!! Lol