Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

VG6 Precision Epsilon

Has anyone gotten to try one of these things out? I'm digging the compensating action of my Effin-A MKII but would like some recoil mitigation as well. This seems like possibly the best of both worlds?

When you can't be safe, be dangerous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two of them. They are absolutely cool. They are not only a brake, or a compensator, but also a excellent flash hider.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it tame muzzle rise pretty well? Over compensate in any particular direction?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This video might help you out

Downloads
    Uploads
    To me it seemed like the Lantac Dragon beat out the VG6 Epsilon by just a hair, both in flatness and recoil mitigation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX View Post
    To me it seemed like the Lantac Dragon beat out the VG6 Epsilon by just a hair, both in flatness and recoil mitigation.
    I think a lot of 2-3 port brakes perform about the same. Some slightly better than others, but most of the time, you'll have to decide what you perceive as "better."
    I have a couple of Lantac's and several Epsilon's.They are both fantastic, but honestly when I'm behind the gun, I really can't tell the difference between the two. Overall, I would give the slightest edge to the Epsilon because it costs less.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one, but not on a gun yet, planning on using it on a 10.5" pistol that will hopefully turn into a SBR one day..

I can say this, it has the nicest finish on any muzzle brake i have or seen..Quality Stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool pic by the way... oh wait I took that

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also like the end of this video with my buddy Chris Tran. It's a short shoot at the end, but pretty much mirrors my experience with with the Epsilon, keeps the muzzle on target and very flat. Decent flash suppression but not great. There really is no free lunch in that department. Either you want to mitigate muzzle rise or suppress flash. Can't do both well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, I'm convinced, now I just need to find some place that has it in stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XxMerlinxX View Post
    Alright, I'm convinced, now I just need to find some place that has it in stock.
    Looks like it's in stock at VG6:

http://www.vg6precision.com/index.ph...roller=product

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked at them the other day and they were out of stock, If I read it right. Today they are in stock and it looks like the price has gone up too. I bought two a while ago. I think they had 3 left when I ordered mine. Point being, I think they do limited numbers of these, so if you're going to get one, you might want to jump on it quickly before they possibly sell out.

As far as the flash hider goes, it's not bad at all, considering it's on the front end of a muzzle brake. I wanted to test it in the dark at a friends farm, but couldn't make that happen due to his work schedule, so I did the closest thing I could and shot at an indoor range. A friend and myself were the only two shooting and we asked the range manager upstairs if he could turn the lights down as low as possible so we could test one. It was pretty dim in there. Because you have a brake you're going to get hot gas coming out of the sides, nothing anyone can do about that, but it was a lot more effective (the flash hider) than I thought it would be.

Good luck,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I'll give you props. You seem to always know where to find in stock product. Tactical link also has it listed for the older lower pirice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool video from VG6's Facebook page.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa