Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gloves for Shooting

Anyone have any suggestions for a good pair of gloves to wear when shooting. I can see where in certain situations, they would be a worthwhile piece of protective equipment like knee and elbow pads. Have checked around, and can't make a decision. Think I would like something with DuPont Nomex with maybe leather in the palm.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use an old pair of flight gloves because they're KISS and I wouldn't have any heartache if I lost'em.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to have a pair of Tac-AK gloves by 5.11 They we're comfy and the stitching for the fingers was on the back side of the digit rather than the finger tip which was nice. Just make sure you size right if you try them out. I bought a large which fit perfectly in the fingers but was a tad short in the thumb.

I've seen other highly recommend Mechanix gloves because they are KISS, and you wont get butt hurt if you lose them or break them.

I'll be trying a set next time around, and if they fail to satisfy I'll be going back to (a properly fitted) set of 5.11s.

-alt

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only time I usually wear gloves is at a class or when I'm shooting my AK a lot.
    I am a fan of the $12 Mechanix FastFits..
    Cheap, No padding in the Palm, and I can feel controls and details still..

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the Oakley SI assault gloves, they are pretty good the only thing I don't care for is a glove over my thumb or trigger finger on my right hand so I cut the tip off.

I found out the hard way while reloading my Benelli and getting the glove caught, good thing it was while screwing around at the range as opposed to doing something important. Also I "slap" the trigger on my handguns more than the average person and it was very evident with gloves on that I didn't have any feeling, there's nothing wrong with going the cheap route hitting up the range to make sure you like wearing gloves and then spending a little more on something a little nicer.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    USGI flight gloves. Gloves are relatively important to me, but I've yet to find a commercial alternative that offers the same combination of dexterity, simplicity and -- if you'll pardon the expression -- bang for the buck.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a pair of Fox Cycle gloves - nothing fancy with any hard knuckles or anything. They are stylish, offer temporary/limited protectection from MRSA infected souls, and they are inexpensive. They have good grip and good feel to them, and I can easily manipulate all of my weapons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    cheap od green flight goves for me.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've used the flight gloves for a long time. I started using some Mechanix gloves from Lowe's over the past few months. They are heavier than the standard model, and have some padding and rubber strips on the knuckles. They are great gloves, although I'm not crazy about the padding on the palm.
    I've been thinking about trying some of the Nike Pro gloves as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    I've used the flight gloves for a long time. I started using some Mechanix gloves from Lowe's over the past few months. They are heavier than the standard model, and have some padding and rubber strips on the knuckles. They are great gloves, although I'm not crazy about the padding on the palm.
    I've been thinking about trying some of the Nike Pro gloves as well.
    You are using the M-Pact's, I tried those, but hated them because of the padding in the palm. Try the standards with the fast fits..

CXS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the CamelBak Vents

Only $13 at http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...s-For-Men.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrog69 View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a good pair of gloves to wear when shooting. I can see where in certain situations, they would be a worthwhile piece of protective equipment like knee and elbow pads. Have checked around, and can't make a decision. Think I would like something with DuPont Nomex with maybe leather in the palm.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.
    There's a million types out there, all filling different needs. In the middle east, or other "hot" spots around the globe, nomex, kevlar, or any other fire retardant material is a must to protect your hands from burns, wether it be a overheated barrel or IED blast. I have used several brands, WileyX, Hatch, (both of which fell apart on me)etc. But like many others have stated, the ole' USGI flight or CVC gloves are the way to go.
    -Los

"I like my weapons like I like my women, slightly dirty, and well lubed."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Southwest motor sports, 10-0 gloves and/or Oakleys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I use the CamelBak Vents

Only $13 at http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...s-For-Men.html
    Just ordered a pair to try out. I'm also gonna use these for jumping outta planes! Although it's cold where I "work" these look light weight with good grip.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw this on another site. Thinking about trying them

Maxfit Gloves

-T