Downloads
    Uploads

Choosing a dot sight for the Glock 19 MOS (Modular Optic System)

So I was finally able to realize my goal of obtaining a Glock with the MOS slide. I ended up trekking down to Pantel Tactical in Renton where they placed my order for a Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS 9mm pistol. As an aside, I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the customer service, selection and staff knowledge that I encountered at Pantel Tactical. It was a very pleasant experience. The only bummer is that I'll have to wait for my Glock to arrive sometime next week and then make the trek again to pick it up. The deal I received made it very worthwhile though.

So now I am biding my time with the intention of purchasing a Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) sight to mount atop the milled out MOS slide. As it turns out, the Trijicon RMR's are nearly as much, if not more (depending upon the model) as the damn pistol. So I'd like to pose a question to anyone familiar with these set ups, or anyone just inclined to add their two cents. Should I wait it out to save my pennies and buy the extremely expensive but tried and true Trijicon RMR or is there an alternative sight out there that could arguably be as reliable as the Trijicon but without the prohibitive cost? I know I've seen people running Doctor sights atop the MOS slides as well as Meopta and Leupold Deltapoints. There are probably others as well. So is there a cheaper option that will perform and last as well as the Trijicon RMR?

If I do go with the Trijicon RMR, I have already determined that I will go with the RM06 because of it's 3.5 MOA dot and the ability to manually adjust the brightness of it. I'm certain that some of the other Trijicon RMR models would work well too but after doing a little research the RM06 seems best suited to the needs of a pistol sight.

Please chime in with any advice, suggestions or certainly any deals you might offer me on an MOS suitable optic you may have lying around and don't use any longer. Thanks for enduring the long winded query.

STOCK PHOTO (not mine):

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious why you went with the MOS. Just like the stock glock with the option to put an RMR on it? I always felt the optic was too high on the MOS. Preferred milled slides vs the MOS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you considered the Burris fastfire 3? I can buy them locally for under 3 bills. On their site they say it works well with the glock MOS.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sights/f...ies/fastfire-3

Also there is a seller on fleabay with new ones for $200
    Last edited by KW900A; 24 February 2017 at 14:32.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Curious why you went with the MOS. Just like the stock glock with the option to put an RMR on it? I always felt the optic was too high on the MOS. Preferred milled slides vs the MOS.
    I guess I can chalk it up to lack of research and impulsive buying habits. I've been wanting to try a pistol with an RMR on it. I like the dot sights on my AR's and thought it would be worth a try on a pistol. My dad actually got me thinking about it when we were at the range together last and he was complaining about his eye sight and ability/inability to attain a good sight picture. This was something I thought might work for him but I knew he would never buy one as he's 80 and pretty set in his ways. I knew the only way I'd get him to try one would be to buy one and let him give it a whirl.

The MOS seemed the affordable option. What would you have recommended? I did think about having Karr Firearms in Kent do a milled slide for my HK USP 9mm. Would they be able to do that for a Trijicon RMR on that pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Have you considered the Burris fastfire 3? I can buy them locally for under 3 bills. On their site they say it works well with the glock MOS.

http://www.burrisoptics.com/sights/f...ies/fastfire-3

Also there is a seller on fleabay with new ones for $200
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm really leaning more and more toward the RMR though. It's durability and quality seem it would be worth the few extra bucks in the long run.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by old11bravo View Post
    I guess I can chalk it up to lack of research and impulsive buying habits. I've been wanting to try a pistol with an RMR on it. I like the dot sights on my AR's and thought it would be worth a try on a pistol. My dad actually got me thinking about it when we were at the range together last and he was complaining about his eye sight and ability/inability to attain a good sight picture. This was something I thought might work for him but I knew he would never buy one as he's 80 and pretty set in his ways. I knew the only way I'd get him to try one would be to buy one and let him give it a whirl.

The MOS seemed the affordable option. What would you have recommended? I did think about having Karr Firearms in Kent do a milled slide for my HK USP 9mm. Would they be able to do that for a Trijicon RMR on that pistol?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I'm really leaning more and more toward the RMR though. It's durability and quality seem it would be worth the few extra bucks in the long run.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with impulse buying, I'm subject to that as well from time to time.

Personally, I would have opted for a milled slide specifically for an optic over the MOS, or even an M&P CORE. I know the first option is more expensive and the second isn't even a Glock, so I can see why you went with the MOS. Perhaps you'll actually like how the optic sits on the gun.

I haven't ever used CaR Firearms, but I've only heard good things about their gunsmithing abilities.

Looking forward to the range report.