Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK 19X

Downloads
    Uploads

GLOCK 19X

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I love Glocks. But I don’t even like the idea of this one. But hey, at least they beveled the frame nose to match the slide this time around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know a lot of people are already complaining they should have done a 17 slide on a 19 frame instead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably would have made more sense. I guess this is the civilian version of the MHS?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I know a lot of people are already complaining they should have done a 17 slide on a 19 frame instead.
    Yeah this probably would be a better move.

Currently the 19x is a hard pass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly, it seems like annually people beg for a full size slide with a 19 frame for carry. Guess Glock got the message mixed up...
    Last edited by velocity2006; 31 December 2017 at 14:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guessing from the pics is that the 19X is the MHS without the safety. Probably just trying to make some of their money back from not getting the contract.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder where Glock conducts their Market tests. A 19 with full slide should be obvious, especially for people in mag ban states.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They should have just renamed the MHS and not fucked with it, a Glock 19 with a thumb safety would be more fun to play with than this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On one of the P&S Modcasts, one of the panelists stated that one of the reasons they went with a full-sized grip and more compact slide on the FN 509 was for LE duty reasons; the longer grip allowed more ammo and made the gun easier to shoot, given that it gave more area to grip, while the shorter slide helped while minimize discomfort while in vehicles and minimize wear and tear on the vehicles themselves (longer slides will dig into the upholstery), since LEOs tend to spend long periods of time in patrol cars.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Shhhhhh, they can leave that to me.

I’ve heard some heavier guys complain about slide length for carry comfort, I suppose the 19X could be a comfort solution for people who have that issue but still want a full size grip.
    The point about OWB vehicle patrol type carry likely wasn’t a design influence since this was created largely for the MHS, but I could see it having some practical application.

Downloads
    Uploads
    At least you can say that Glock does minimal changes that would impact the custom market. If Glocks were textured like the M&P M2.0, then the custom market may have took a hit.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd take one with a black WDLC slide: full grip, higher cyclic rate of the 19... what's not to like? 🤷🏽*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd take a full size frame w/ a 19 slide for a duty gun...mimics what I do now, using G17 mags and a grip sleeve on my issued Gen 4 19.

Honestly, though, I'm gonna buy one of these. A "real" rifle is obviously a better choice, but for a truck gun, the ability to use Glock (or Magpul 27-round) glock mags, plus ghost ring sights, a threaded barrel, take-down portability, adjustable LOP, ambi mag release & charging handle, a rail for a RDS, etc., makes this an ideal gun for me to stow in the little storage area in the rear of the Jeep. It'd fit great in a backpack for low profile bug outs also...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shorter slide keeps the oal down when using a suppressor or comp. other than that I can’t think of a reason why
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper