Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd take the 2A-Arms Balios Lite over that thing.

AFAIK, I built the first sub 4lb AR 5 years ago. It's fully functional. Several people have gotten down to about 3.5 lbs now a days. I'm shooting for 3.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    stahhpppppp

my wallet is crying

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshAston View Post
    I'd take the 2A-Arms Balios Lite over that thing.

AFAIK, I built the first sub 4lb AR 5 years ago. It's fully functional. Several people have gotten down to about 3.5 lbs now a days. I'm shooting for 3.
    I prefer that as well, I just hate that they didn't add the FA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I prefer that as well, I just hate that they didn't add the FA.
    None of my ARs have FA. I refuse to own one that does.

Downloads
    Uploads
    LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    They do not sell uppers or lowers alone, only in sets. Somewhere I read that their receiver sets are "fitted". As a former machinist, I must question what they are doing that requires them to "fit" their receivers when it seems nobody else needs to.

They also are not responding to emails asking if I can buy a lower with two uppers. Something is weird here, I don't know why they would be restricted to selling them in sets, and if there were a good reason, why won't they share it?
    Last edited by ghouck; 14 November 2015 at 17:29.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And yet another, I guess whoever makes the coolest designs nowadays wins the over saturated ar market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone have first-hand experience? I kind of have an itch for something like this.

My concern is how well the set would stand up to impact like getting dropped or accidentally knocked off a shooting bench or something. Not that I make a habit of dropping my stuff but sh!t happens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another thing I'm wondering about is the long term durability of the upper. How does the upper's rail hold up when an optic is attached and the gun is shot time and time again? Will the optic mount wear against the plastic rail?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Another thing I'm wondering about is the long term durability of the upper. How does the upper's rail hold up when an optic is attached and the gun is shot time and time again? Will the optic mount wear against the plastic rail?
    I built up the lower and used it at the range. No issues with my limited use with it.

I have the upper, but my plans to build it up haven't materialized yet. Only because I have other projects in line first. Like you, I'm kind of curious how a polymer upper will last with some long term use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. I didn't realize the lower would accept a stock GI upper. I guess I just assumed they were somehow different because KSP only sells complete sets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Interesting. I didn't realize the lower would accept a stock GI upper. I guess I just assumed they were somehow different because KSP only sells complete sets.
    Sorry, let me clarify. I used my lower with a buddy's Kaiser upper. I just never inspected his upper after use to see if there were any particular problems or wear issues.

Good question though, let me find my Kaiser lower and see if I can drop a milspec upper on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick Cell phone pic, and yes, it fits this BCM upper just fine. No binding either when charging the handle

Name:  IMG_1993.JPG
Views: 823
Size:  772.4 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll spring for a poly when they form a hot 3D Athena or Freya warrior goddess on the magwell prow. Grippy with flexible D-cups
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode