Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    Another solution looking for a problem. This should get thrown in the same bin as the accuwedge and KNS pins.
    Except that KNS pins have a purpose with a FA lower, and the accuwedge does work. I don't really get the hate on this product, if you don't like it don't buy it. It is just another option in the sea of parts we already have, hopefully it is quality coming from Elftmann and may be it actually works. I will try it before I form an opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    Except that KNS pins have a purpose with a FA lower, and the accuwedge does work. I don't really get the hate on this product, if you don't like it don't buy it. It is just another option in the sea of parts we already have, hopefully it is quality coming from Elftmann and may be it actually works. I will try it before I form an opinion.
    That is like saying an F1 car benefits from a spoiler, so I am going to put one on my Civic...

I will give you the accuwedge though...some people do buy Bushmasters still....otherwise after much deliberation on just about any gun forum you can find...the consensus is some slight movement in the upper/lower fitment is not going to affect accuracy.

I will also admit that I have owned both KNS pins and an Accuwedge...Poser Merit Badge has been attained.
    Last edited by Bronco75; 8 November 2015 at 12:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco75 View Post
    That is like saying an F1 car benefits from a spoiler, so I am going to put one on my Civic...

I will give you the accuwedge though...some people do buy Bushmasters still....otherwise after much deliberation on just about any gun forum you can find...the consensus is some slight movement in the upper/lower fitment is not going to affect accuracy.

I will also admit that I have owned both KNS pins and an Accuwedge...Poser Merit Badge has been attained.
    Sean,

quit harassing the WEVO regulars.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use KNS pins on all of my hard use builds because of an older DPMS build I had that the pins walked out on during a hunt. I think the pins were out of spec, but still better safe then sorry from now on, for 30 bucks it's peace of mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have KNS pins on one of my SBRs.......it is also almost 16 years old and has a round count close to 50k.......so I can tell you they do have a purpose and they work for their intended purpose.

As for this push button safty I am not sure if it is worth changing ones entire AR safety method....... I can't see how this would be faster as it would actually take more movement of the thumb.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stoopid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The AR's safety location is best for lever type safety. While a cross bolt safety is ambidextrous, on an AR, a cross bolt safety is hard to get to, and iit has but one position indicator (red = fire, no red = safe) on the left side. On the right side, it's just the difference of flush selector center vs. protruding selector center, which is which?

If this was a consumer product, such ambiguity could invite liability lawsuits. For firearms, the laws seem to be a lot less stringent. I have no idea how a pirate or zombie themed markings could in any way substitute SAFE, FIRE / SEMI. DEAD is not SAFE, ARG isn't FIRE.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooo... I bought one... I like it...

It's fairly stiff and in all practical usage works very quickly. You do still have to use your trigger finger to push it back into safe after firing, but if your right handed the movement is pretty natural. I don't think I would call these full ambi, but I do like how different it looks. My hands are also large enough I do not have to modify my grip to use it. If you're not left handed they work pretty well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No way I'd trade my BAD levers for that.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!