Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can not describe the envy I have right now. I’ve been wanting one of those S&B’s for awhile now and saving coin towards one. Got a little put off though with a review that said the dot wasn’t bright enough outside, wasn’t sure how much merit to put into that.

So, been debating Kahles recently also, especially with their 1-8x coming out.

That said, I want to know ALL your thoughts on the S&B!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I can not describe the envy I have right now. I’ve been wanting one of those S&B’s for awhile now and saving coin towards one. Got a little put off though with a review that said the dot wasn’t bright enough outside, wasn’t sure how much merit to put into that.

So, been debating Kahles recently also, especially with their 1-8x coming out.

That said, I want to know ALL your thoughts on the S&B!
    Haha. I got this one for a steal, traded a guy an Elcan and MRDS. First impressions on the S&B, glass is amazing, clarity is better than anything I have looked at. The dot seems plenty bright from me holding it close to some led lights, the dot doesn't wash out until I put it right in front of the light. Itll be a few weeks until I get it out to shoot, hopefully picking up a mr762 soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That.... is a steal. Especially given that I’ve never even owned a car worth as much as that optic goes for new.

I can’t a hold a dot washing out when placed directly over an LED against it. My UH-1 and MRO also wash out against an LED even on their brightest settings.

Guess I’ll keep saving until I can confirm something else is better or as good. Looking forward to continued reports.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dude MRDS and an ELCAN? That's a deal all day long, especially how ELCAN prices have dropped in the last year. Nice score.

Never used a S&B in the field, but did get to look through a couple of dozen back at Era3 when they were building bolt guns. Phenomenal glass.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    It looks f'n huge! Can't imagine it's difficult to pick up the dot vs. a RMR style pistol optic. Do you enjoy optics more than plain irons? I'm feeling some reluctance to split my practice up as I only average 1,000 rounds per month.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Due to in part of a condition referred to as hyperopia combined with extreme mild presbyopia (not really fully symptomatic), I have unfortunately retreated from iron sight operations in the near term. Some impending surgery may alleviate that eventually.

All that said, it's got a better FOV than a RMR. Foot print is pretty close to the RMR, although slightly more forward on the slide. The grip angle is more towards RMR (but not completely) than my T-1, but the difference seems to be negligible. I stopped shooting my RMR in the last few months due to negative training. I'd like to get back to irons eventually, just to maintain the skill.

I understand your reluctance to split the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take care of the vision!

It does look like it'd handle better than a micro.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Take care of the vision!
    Thanks. Re-reading, I made it sound more dramatic than I had intended. Basically I'm far-sided with impending age also reducing any near-sightedness I might have even more (everyone will have that happen as they age). LASIK will help with the former, and help simplify with the eventual inevitability of the latter.

But at the end of the day, I felt like the ACRO would be more at home on a G17 than a G19. Then again, I enjoy shooting a G17 more than a G19, so I'm sure there's some bias.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8679.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  692.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Name:  5S3A8679.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  692.1 KB
    I was just saying I need more RMRs .... You're hording them. Haha

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should have starting shooting with a red dot way sooner with pistols. They're a great tool.... and much like rifles, I feel like I need to outfit or try to outfit most of them!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  5S3A8739.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  757.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rad pic of all the rmr’s

I still need one..lol