Downloads
    Uploads

USSOCOM Issues Safety of Use Message for EOTech

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30...ystems-eotech/

While there is a great deal of information in the SOUM, two glaring issues stick out. The first is the reliability of the HWS in extreme temperatures, referred to as “Thermal Drift”. The PMO has noted a +/- 4 MOA shift at -40 Deg F and 122 Deg F. Second, is the concern over the claim by EOTech that their HWS are parallax free which was the subject of a previous Safety of Use Message from the same office issued 16 March, 2015. In this case they noted between 4 and 6 MOA parallax error depending on temperature conditions. Despite the PMO working with EOTech to rectify the issues, they still have not been resolved.
    Not sure how many EOTech users are on this forum but I thought this was important info to share/spread, especially for the users who have them on weapons in patrol cars.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be interesting to know how much of the shift they're finding takes into account the normal shift with a change in DA/temperature. Just today I was shooting a rifle that was zeroed at 35 degrees, but today it was ~80 degrees. When I ran the numbers, at 430 yards, it had a .5 mil shift, which (and I welcome a correction) by my calculations comes out to a 18 MOA shift at 430 yards. I was shooting with an ACOG, so I can't blame EOTech for all my misses...

But still, interesting if the projection system changes that much based off of temperature.