Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for post, rxer. Looks like a nice rail although I'm not sure I'd be happy with the weight penalty. Flex hasn't been an issue with my MI handguard but I'm not using it to pry things open.

Do those two recessed screws on the bottom provide the anti-rotation? I don't see any tabs or any other obvious way of preventing rotation around the barrel nut so was just curious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While they may be solid, IMO the Warwick rails are too heavy and bulky for what they are. I am also tired of seeing Keymod and Mlok without 45 degree sections. For the price they are asking they are not offering anything that another company does not already do better. Whatever floats your boat though I guess. Would be more interested in seeing an abuse test done and how they hold up instead of continuing to bicker about what appears to be a sub-par rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lower Price, Weight, Quality

You can only have 2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And on that note, I think we're done here.

Let's keep it friendly guys, even if we can't agree.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I've cleaned up the thread. Let's keep it on topic. We can agree to disagree. Carry on Gents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post

Having said that you gotta bring something innovative to the table to stand out in today's market, that just isn't it....
    I have to agree with you that there is nothing new and great about this rail. In my opinion however, this is one of the reasons I like it. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel and they didn't add any bells and whistles. In doing so they seem to have made a very functional rail at a very reasonable cost. I have a few rifles I have built up and no matter how hard I want to, I don't have the funds to put Noveske, DD, BCM etc on all of my rifles.

With everything being said, I would have to agree that if you were going for an ultra lightweight build, then this probably would not be the rail to go with. There are other, better options for that (including the MI SS series rail that I personally don't particularly care for).

The thing is, however, if you handed the average joe like myself a rifle with all other things being equal, most people are not going to be able to feel any real difference in just a couple of ounces.

UWone77 said it best, you can only have 2 out of the three.

For my particular application I chose cost and quality and sacrificed a few ounces of weight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Thanks for post, rxer. Looks like a nice rail although I'm not sure I'd be happy with the weight penalty. Flex hasn't been an issue with my MI handguard but I'm not using it to pry things open.

Do those two recessed screws on the bottom provide the anti-rotation? I don't see any tabs or any other obvious way of preventing rotation around the barrel nut so was just curious.
    There are not any rotation tabs. Those 2 set screws clamp down to a groove that goes the circumference of the barrel nut. There is no obvious way of preventing rotation, however, to me the physics of applying pressure in 2 different directions should provide for anti rotation. The rail clamps around the barrel nut for even pressure around the entire nut, then the set screws tighten in the perpendicular direction which is pretty interesting. The only way I could see the rail rotate is if you can put 50 ft/lbs (spec from warwick in instructions included) of rotational force around the rail to actually unscrew the barrel nut, which I don't think would be possible under any normal or hard use circumstance.