Downloads
    Uploads

What are you shooting

These times are oerfect compared to some of the older days..ammo is plentiful and cheaper by the week

Relaxers are you still cranking out ammo or buying factory new since the times have changed and prices I’ve seen are the cheapest in 12-15 years.

I myself reload but still on stuff bought from year or 3 ago... but prices lately have me rethinking ,as my majority is the common calibers 9,45,233....

Prices as of lately though.. under 25 cents for new 223/556 ammo...$160 for a case of 9mm..etc

I am all about reloading for cheaper amno, better accuracy etc..but...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm doing both. Saving brass and reloading as I stocked up on components when they became available (waited a year for two 8 lb caddies of WW231 on backorder). But when I see a pet factory load "on sale", or a case lot of something good shows up, I make a purchase.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    These times are oerfect compared to some of the older days..ammo is plentiful and cheaper by the week

Relaxers are you still cranking out ammo or buying factory new since the times have changed and prices I’ve seen are the cheapest in 12-15 years.

I myself reload but still on stuff bought from year or 3 ago... but prices lately have me rethinking ,as my majority is the common calibers 9,45,233....

Prices as of lately though.. under 25 cents for new 223/556 ammo...$160 for a case of 9mm..etc

I am all about reloading for cheaper amno, better accuracy etc..but...
    If I needed 1000 rounds of 5.56 FMJ for a run ‘n gun class where minute of Man accuracy was plenty, I’d look for a $250 case. But since I’m shooting for sub MOA as far as I can see....handloading is the way to go

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya both...I’m still cranking em out slowly but enjoy it.. didn’t shoot as much this summer but the ammo boxes are all about empty for all my plinking stuff.

Prices as of late and rebates on top...wow..I’d be buying a few cases here and there if I could also.

I agree for accuracy - price per round definitely reloading is where it’s at...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve got enough stuff on hand to reload comfortably for a while. I’m still cranking out rounds cheaper than buying factory. A carbine class isn’t in the future, so I haven’t purchased a case of anno to have on hand, but may just in case. But that will be in the new year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kinda fits here..was bored the other night watching some John wick 2, and doing some inventory, shit all over the house..

I’m about out of my Xtreme bullets stash.

Curious handloaders what or who’s stuff are u using? Thinking next time I’m ordering some stuff from RMR.. Seem to have good stuff and feedback
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    I stick with Xtreme. I’ve used RMR and Berry’s but been shooting Xtreme in 380 (wife), 9mm, and .45 with a few 55gr FMJs thrown in (think I’ve shot 1000 of the 8k I ordered) but mostly shoot match AR bullets these days

Their sister company, Freedom Munitions, has some 50gr .22lr HUSH ammo I’ll be reviewing soon in pistol and rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not hating on reloading, but its a discipline and I don't have that much attention span. I'd rather clean the basement than sit there, pulling a crank. I'm sure there are people who think sharpening a knife to a nice, toothy, working edge, or stropping up a mirror shiny razor edge would be monotonous, but we get our relaxation in different ways.

I wanna shoot, and I'm not that into the science and tweaking loads, so bulk works well for me. The guys I shoot with mainly shoot 5.56 or shotguns and think in terms of cases of ammo, so when we go out, we take turns furnishing the rounds. I thank God that nobody else shoots blackout!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I stick with Xtreme. I’ve used RMR and Berry’s but been shooting Xtreme in 380 (wife), 9mm, and .45 with a few 55gr FMJs thrown in (think I’ve shot 1000 of the 8k I ordered) but mostly shoot match AR bullets these days
    Right on, ive nothing but good results with streamed stuff, no real reason to change. Just spitballing.

Ive used their stuff since I got into reloading.. 9,45, and 55/223 stuff in many weights ..also using up lady of a few K of Zero 230 fmj’s with just a hair better accuracy then the plated ones.

I’ve used some Berry’s in 9 and 45 and find their finish not as good and just seem to be a hair bigger so it sets off my ocd and I have to adjust for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Not hating on reloading, but its a discipline and I don't have that much attention span. I'd rather clean the basement than sit there, pulling a crank. I'm sure there are people who think sharpening a knife to a nice, toothy, working edge, or stropping up a mirror shiny razor edge would be monotonous, but we get our relaxation in different ways.

I wanna shoot, and I'm not that into the science and tweaking loads, so bulk works well for me. The guys I shoot with mainly shoot 5.56 or shotguns and think in terms of cases of ammo, so when we go out, we take turns furnishing the rounds. I thank God that nobody else shoots blackout!
    ..Your just scared....lol

Really I hear ya, prices now are getting so good that unless you got killer deals your not saving much just making more...

I hear ya though I’d rather be shooting more also, but if I did I’d run out of ammo..lol...

It’s fun seeing what little tweaks do, and just having a better overall for everything..

My arms sore...as I just finished prepping 500 + LC cases for some 69 & 77 gr match loads..by hand on a single stage.. they take awhile but I can build for half the price and shoot better for MY guns..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiding in the garage a bunch lately...crap on my mind..Anyways doing a bunch of 9,45 and 223 lately

Loading up some of my wannabe 556/m193 loads, shoots very well. Chrono,ed just over 3100 and good accuracy to boot. AA2230-Hornady 55gr Fmj-CCI 450-LC brass.
    Attached Images Attached Images