Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For those of you running these rails, do you have any issue with heat transfer to your optic? Debating on a T1 or a RMR on the top rail but am worried about heat transfer to the optic frying it.

Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question, heat transfer? Price range?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    For those of you running these rails, do you have any issue with heat transfer to your optic? Debating on a T1 or a RMR on the top rail but am worried about heat transfer to the optic frying it.

Thanks!
    Both the UM and MI get pretty damn hot if you are running an AK hard in my experience. I have gotten a T1 riding on a UM hot enough that you couldn't touch it and the optic was still functioning perfectly. I have come close to doing the same on a MI equipped SGL. For that reason I am confident recommending a T1 but VERY cautious doing that on the RMR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this post has been dead for awhile but i just bought the Midwest AK rail. When i was putting it on yesterday i noticed two things that i cant find that have been addressed.

1. When i start to clamp down the handguard it starts to slant towards the receiver making it look crooked. Any Ideas? They look like they all do this.

2. The original clamp piece that holds down wood handguard is now loose because its not used for the midwest handguard is there anything anyone has done to stop it from moving around.

I Have WASR/10