Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The Magpul won't be in the same category frankly. It's not as customizable and any traditional stock even with a chassis system usually needs bedding to perform at an optimal unlike an aluminum chassis such a this. I know a bit about the development and there will be a lot of options coming after the initial release. They also took this chassis out for testing with a well known competition shooter in the practical rifle long range community who is helping them to further improve it. Is it perfect out of the gate? No... But it will only get better as they move towards production and get feedback from guys who shoot competitively and have employed dozens of different stock systems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Me too. Between this and the magpul idk which is rather have. Or a TAC-21. Wish mega and magpul made these for savage actions though.
    If you want one for a Savage there is PDC Customs, Mcree, and XLR that offer a tactical chassis for a Savage. The Tac 21 would not be my go to personally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jymbeux View Post
    Hopefully down the road they add savage actions, lefty actions and long actions. I've got two savage long actions (one lefty) that could use new stocks - but a savage 10 in one of these would be super nice. I think they made a great move with the AR stock/grip compatibility. People can use what they are already comfortable with. Plus the folding stock adapters may work with it as well (maybe future factory option on the chassis?), allowing for a more compact/portable carry configuration.
    XLR Industries and PDC offer left hand and long action as well. As for the Mega it is compatible with almost any buffer tube folding stock adapter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MSRP on the chassis is $808 per mega's facebook.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I want to build a cross holler bolt gun and this chassis is sexy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    MSRP on the chassis is $808 per mega's facebook.
    I missed this before...Hummm......wonder how it will do with magpul releasing something kinda similiar for a lot less..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I missed this before...Hummm......wonder how it will do with magpul releasing something kinda similiar for a lot less..
    For the type of chassis it is, $800 is competitive pricing. The magpul stock I believe is going for a different market. The Whiskey-3 Chassis is priced above $900. Its probably in the same market. The Magpul will go up against the Bell and Carlson stocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any update on when these will be available?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
    No solid time table from what I've seen. Mega however is pretty good about getting products to market quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see this come summer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagle View Post
    Looks like Mega says 30 days the ORIAS Chassis will be shipping to dealers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks like Mega says 30 days the ORIAS Chassis will be shipping to dealers.
    Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    M-LOK versions are here.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought pretty hard about getting the Orias but decided against it. It's around $800 and doesn't come with a stock, adding a magpul PRS or some other adjustable deal would bring the price around $1000, so why not just get something from another manufacturer that already has adjustable length or pull, comb, and folds?

I'm finalizing a 6.5 Creedmoor build and went with a Whiskey 3 instead (my second). The Orias' self adjusting lug thingy is a neat feature but if your talking about mounting an action that's been worked/trued by a good gunsmith, it's not really going to do much.

The design of the removable back piece looks like they will eventually be able to develop a streamlined folding version, but who knows when that will be out... and I want my build done nowwww!!!!

Edit: I think chassis like the Orias fall into a weird category where there are a lot of less expensive options that do similar things, and there are more expensive options that offer complete "out of the box" solutions.

It looks pretty sweet though. Excited to see what the second generation is going to look like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree they missed the mark on the pricing of this. With complete XLR Element chassis or the McRees chassis going for around $600 it's honestly not even a consideration at their price point. 1K+ by time a stock and buffer tube is added you are in AI territory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UWOne or Eric have any more info on this?

https://www.facebook.com/Rainierarms...type=1&theater

Are they using Rock Creek Barrels? I heard records and what not... Is it possibly with Bartlein barrels!?