Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone have any experience with griffin armament lowers

https://www.rainierarms.com/griffin-...ower-receiver/

They seem to be in stock and I like the simple font and markings. I decided to pick a lower up for my 458 socom build. Picked up a few other griffin parts too. Grip, buffer tube, QD endplate. Etc.

The grip is interesting. Kind of a better angle on a a2 style grip with no finger groove. I think it would be better situated if I ever built a retro style AR or dissipator.

So, anyone have experience with their parts? So far from what I see it’s at least above average finish. I’ll post again once I put the lower together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No experience with their lower but other parts are definitely good to go.

Their bolt carrier group is really good.

Surprisingly I used to think a buffer tube is a buffer tube, but the one I got from them was way nice compared to the others I've used. Of course that won't make a difference in shooting so much but it definitely shows quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    No experience with their lower but other parts are definitely good to go.

Their bolt carrier group is really good.

Surprisingly I used to think a buffer tube is a buffer tube, but the one I got from them was way nice compared to the others I've used. Of course that won't make a difference in shooting so much but it definitely shows quality.
    I thought the same thing about the buffer tube when I got it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You bought it , then ask about there stuff..lol

They make good stuff for what it is, not everybody’s flavor.

458, hope your reloading ..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    You bought it , then ask about there stuff..lol

They make good stuff for what it is, not everybody’s flavor.

458, hope your reloading ..lol

haha. funny how that works.

I wasn't really worried about the lower. I generally bought the lower because the logo and markings didn't annoy me or shout "look at how cheap I can make this AR15". it's a mil-spec lower from a company that actually makes products so I figured I'd be good to go there.

I was more surprised when I saw the buffer tube and grip. they seem to be slightly higher quality than other simple buffer tubes I've seen.

as for 458 socom, go big or go home. no I won't be reloading, but I doubt I'll shoot more than 50-100 rounds a year. I just want one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why build a rifle that’s only gonna be shot 50-100 rds a year

Seems silly is all

Reloading would make it much more shoot able in terms of ammo availability

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've handled a few stripped lowers at Rainier. They don't seem to be any worse or better than your average lower. If you like the roll mark, rock it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Why build a rifle that’s only gonna be shot 50-100 rds a year

Seems silly is all

Reloading would make it much more shoot able in terms of ammo availability
    I enjoy building and collecting as much as I enjoy shooting. Based on my current living situation, shooting is hard as is. Plus, after a few 5.56 ARs, doesn’t everyone have a few they hardly shoot?

I’d eventually get into reloading, but even at $2.20 a round I don’t have an issue shooting when I want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post

I’d eventually get into reloading, but even at $2.20 a round I don’t have an issue shooting when I want.
    Some people felt that comment right in the poors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheaper ammo = more money for hookers & blow.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Some people felt that comment right in the poors
    funny. but not what I meant. I don't shoot often enough that the cost of ammo is a big factor. my state makes it too difficult (NJ) and my kids don't leave me enough time. so I say I'll shoot 100 rounds a year. but even if I did 200 rounds, im not going to go broke.

trust me, people on here spend way more on the hobby than I do. haha.

plus, even if I don't shoot it more than 100 rounds ever. I still want it. isn't that an excuse enough?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    funny. but not what I meant. I don't shoot often enough that the cost of ammo is a big factor. my state makes it too difficult (NJ) and my kids don't leave me enough time. so I say I'll shoot 100 rounds a year. but even if I did 200 rounds, im not going to go broke.

trust me, people on here spend way more on the hobby than I do. haha.

plus, even if I don't shoot it more than 100 rounds ever. I still want it. isn't that an excuse enough?
    As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to justify purchases that fit in your budget. Can't spend it when you're dead!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, life is too short to justify purchases that fit in your budget. Can't spend it when you're dead!
    agreed. funny thing, the Joe bob noveske NQR 11" is what started this build to really take off. I just saw yours posted on IG. I think it had a Joe bob left over NQR on it. the mk18 mod1 style build. what great rails for $99

so back to the original point of this thread. griffin armament parts. I put this lower together with a spare colt lower parts kit, magpul trigger guard (I think) and a griffin a3 grip and an ALG QMS trigger. but immediately I hated the colt safety so I figured, what the heck, and ordered a griffin ambi safety. I like it well enough, it functions fine, but I think the b.a.d.-c.a.s.s. safety I have on my other rifles seem a little sturdier. the griffin isn't bad, but its not the best.

and now, the lower is done. time to find a bolt carrier and a charging handle and if I'm lucky an affordable used nightforce 1-4 in good shape (not likely)