Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I paid $500 for a slightly used Colt AR 15 in 1984. That's the cheapest AR I've ever owned.
    Interestingly, when adjusted for inflation, that comes to $1,196.28. Pretty close to the MSRP on a complete Colt nowadays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    Can I ask what some of the first time gun builders spent on their first build? And what key components they went with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First build was around 2K, but that included a bunch of tools. If I'd actually listened to anyone who knows what they're doing, it would have been somewhat less expensive, and finished much sooner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Interestingly, when adjusted for inflation, that comes to $1,196.28. Pretty close to the MSRP on a complete Colt nowadays.
    Yep. It was a display model and the last one the shop had. I only saved a few bucks. I Think street price was around $545 back then?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    First build was around 2K, but that included a bunch of tools. If I'd actually listened to anyone who knows what they're doing, it would have been somewhat less expensive, and finished much sooner.
    That was my experience. I think my first one was the most expensive.

I'm building a quality rifle right now (KAC lower and rail) that will come in around $1k.

Downloads
    Uploads
    is a faxon barrel worth looking at? or are they in the same league as ballistic advantage?

Downloads
    Uploads
    is a faxon barrel worth looking at? or are they in the same league as ballistic advantage?
    From Faxon's website:
    Q. Do you have an accuracy gurantee on your barrels?

A. What we will gurantee is that the barrel is held to within .0002" concentricity in the bore, which is mechanically capable of fantastic accuracy. From there, it is up to the completed system including receivers, bolts, headspace, ammunition, optics, trigger, shooter, etc. to also deliver. Since we are not able to qualify the system, we cannot gurantee accuracy of the complete system
    From Ballistic Advantage's website:
    Guaranteed to Perform

We are committed to providing products that meet, or exceed, the expectations of our most discerning customers. We stand behind that commitment. From the moment you unwrap one of our barrels, as you configure it with your receivers and handguards, and as you fire it on the range or in the field, we want you to experience the unique elegance and uncompromising quality that we craft into every one of our barrels.

We also stand behind our commitment to performance. All Ballistic Advantage barrels are guaranteed to give sub Minute of Angle (MOA) accuracy with match grade ammunition.1

If you are not completely satisfied with the form, finish, and fit of any of our barrels, please call one of our customer service reps at 407-347-4584 to discuss your concerns. If you find your BA barrel is not performing at the high standard of sub MOA accuracy, please first consult our "Troubleshooting Guide" on our website. If you need further assistance give us a call at 407-347-4584. Usually, our armorers are able to resolve any issues over the phone. If the issues are not resolved we will ask that the barrel be sent to us for inspection.2 We will either correct the problem or replace the barrel, or if the customer prefers, we will reimburse the purchase price of the barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have multiple uppers with both barrels. They shoot for me about the same for accuracy. Both are fantastic barrels at great price points.

I give the slight edge to Ballistic Advantage because they offer pinned gas blocks for a minimal cost, which makes it a no brainer.

Faxon barrels I have are also not dimpled.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have multiple uppers with both barrels. They shoot for me about the same for accuracy. Both are fantastic barrels at great price points.

I give the slight edge to Ballistic Advantage because they offer pinned gas blocks for a minimal cost, which makes it a no brainer.

Faxon barrels I have are also not dimpled.
    But the BA barrels are dimpled?

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't recall, because all the BA barrels I own are pinned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, they aren't.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BA gets my money most of the time. The hanson barrels are excellent! They come with the GB pinned and the profile is awesome. Barrels are shooters on top of all that!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both companies stand behind their products. Buy with confidence. Make sure you're on their mailing list for their weekly deals.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lots of talk about BA barrels, I'm about to put their std 556 barrel together and looking at their Hanson one for another upper

Downloads
    Uploads
    ok so rainier has a "match grade" bcg... https://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-...phosphate-bcg/ what does match grade even mean? lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Several companies have produced that style of BCG. The match grade is often referring the profile and finish of the carrier. The extra added mass on the front of the carrier is said to assist with a more consistent bolt lockup.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa