Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Noveske NQR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    anyone have a photo of the 9" NQR with a 16" barrel? also, is the 9" nqr actually 9.5" like a lot of other 9" rails?
    The NQR is like 9.15"

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the fuss about quad rails 10 years after they became available?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    What is the fuss about quad rails 10 years after they became available?

I've only been into shooting sports for less than 8 years. My first rifle came with keymod so however many years ago that was. I made the mistake of trying a few cheap quad rails and you could practically cut yourself on the machining. I swore off quad rails at that time. Since then I've held quad rails from DD, centurion and a few others so I've realized they don't all suck. Add that to the fact that I don't have to remove the barrel nut if I want to swap out my NSR 13.5 which are on ALL of my rifles.

As for the length of the 9"NQR I'm considering SBRing a 6920. Kinda a mk18 style rifle. Wondering if I should get a NQR or centurion c4 since the DD is impossible to get.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only been into shooting sports for less than 8 years. My first rifle came with keymod so however many years ago that was. I made the mistake of trying a few cheap quad rails and you could practically cut yourself on the machining. I swore off quad rails at that time. Since then I've held quad rails from DD, centurion and a few others so I've realized they don't all suck. Add that to the fact that I don't have to remove the barrel nut if I want to swap out my NSR 13.5 which are on ALL of my rifles.

As for the length of the 9"NQR I'm considering SBRing a 6920. Kinda a mk18 style rifle. Wondering if I should get a NQR or centurion c4 since the DD is impossible to get.
    The Centurion 10" C4 has been solid for me, I probably have 3-4 uppers with the 10"

If you really want a MK18'ish RIS II look, then I'd suggest you just buy the complete DD upper. Otherwise, you'll want one anyway and end up getting that upper, plus the first one you built in an attempt to satisfy what you wanted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For some reason the stupid laser engraving and the reports of insanely overgassed ports push me away. It'll be a while before I have to worry, my source for NFA items is moving back to NJ for a while.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do what feels good. The Navy will probably move the Mod x version to a slick sided rail faster than the Army's bloc x version.

As if a DBAL didn't make it hard enough to build a halfass decent replica, now they run Elcans!

Downloads
    Uploads
    For some reason the stupid laser engraving and the reports of insanely overgassed ports push me away. It'll be a while before I have to worry, my source for NFA items is moving back to NJ for a while.
    Did the method of getting a .gov barrel dry up? I thought some where sold to civilians for a while, but can't remember if that just went away or if it's still possible, you just have to know the right thing to ask for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty sure you can get 10.3" Colt upper from several sources. I like the "silhouette" of the Mk-18, but I'm not going to go thousands of dollars and months of internet research to have a faithful to spec rifle. Mine looks the same, has good parts and lacking the DBAL and suppressor (for just a little while longer), looks just like a Mk-18 to all but those who've used them and the curators.

Heaps and tons of respect; absolutely no belittlement or diversion here to anybody that wants to build one, but if you ask most of the guys who used them, they had issues. You'll also get their ideas of what would work better. You'll rarely get a concourse list of what went into it from Crane or SOCOM.

The restoration industry has some crazy potential for people wanting to fix up beat to shit gear for this particular rifle alone. I wish I was a toaster repairman, cause those guys can print money for that old stuff!

I don't have OCD at all compared to nostalgics, buffs and restorers. There was a guy on another forum who figured he had north of 8 grand into his rifle. Granted, that's not hard to do, but its resto-old stuff at double the cost of advanced technology for the want of a perfect replica.
    Last edited by Joelski; 8 August 2016 at 14:12.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Did the method of getting a .gov barrel dry up? I thought some where sold to civilians for a while, but can't remember if that just went away or if it's still possible, you just have to know the right thing to ask for.
    Good luck getting the "Property of" roll stamp, but this is pretty much add an RIS-II or Centurion and ya done minus the goodies.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...&key=LE6945CQB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty sure you can get 10.3" Colt upper from several sources. I like the "silhouette" of the Mk-18, but I'm not going to go thousands of dollars and months of internet research to have a faithful to spec rifle. Mine looks the same, has good parts and lacking the DBAL and suppressor (for just a little while longer), looks just like a Mk-18 to all but those who've used them and the curators.

Heaps and tons of respect; absolutely no belittlement or diversion here to anybody that wants to build one, but if you ask most of the guys who used them, they had issues. You'll also get their ideas of what would work better. You'll rarely get a concourse list of what went into it from Crane or SOCOM.

The restoration industry has some crazy potential for people wanting to fix up beat to shit gear for this particular rifle alone. I wish I was a toaster repairman, cause those guys can print money for that old stuff!

I don't have OCD at all compared to nostalgics, buffs and restorers. There was a guy on another forum who figured he had north of 8 grand into his rifle. Granted, that's not hard to do, but its resto-old stuff at double the cost of advanced technology for the want of a perfect replica.

I'm not in need of a clone either. I'll probably end up with a 11.5" noveske with switchblock and quad rail after its all said and done

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck getting the "Property of" roll stamp, but this is pretty much add an RIS-II or Centurion and ya done minus the goodies.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...&key=LE6945CQB
    Yeah...no. You're not reading what I'm writing. There are two basic "real" options for a CQBR (note: not "MK18"). one is a Colt upper, the other is a DD 10.3" upper. What I was asking had nothing to do with a property stamp, but rather a DoD DD barrel'ed upper, which has the correct gas port size. Yes, this is a thing. For a period of time, DD sold .gov barrel'ed uppers (or perhaps it was just the barrels) to the civvy side, but I think that's done now, hence why I was asking. Otherwise, a commercial DD 10.3" upper has the over-gassed "standard" that DD barrels have.

As an aside, a 6945 still requires a lot of work...more than a 6920 cut down by ADCO, I'd argue.

but if you ask most of the guys who used them, they had issues. You'll also get their ideas of what would work better. You'll rarely get a concourse list of what went into it from Crane or SOCOM.
    I'm a bit baffled by this. There's multiple open-source accounts of what went into the original MK18. Maybe some had issues. I've deployed with several uits who had them and had no complaints. A properly configured CQBR will work just fine, and yes, there's an actual spec that makes this possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was arguably one of the most customized modern battle rifles. That was done initially by people just making their shit work. This stuff led to those specs, the quad rail in particular. I am not a historian, but I didn't read everything on the Internet either. You obviously have experience from the time it was developed and remember the needs generated by urban warfare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So the zillion dollar question is, with all the bitching about the DD being overgassed, why won't they change it? Does it serve some purpose in full military trim that makes it worth ignoring all the complaints? I'm not a gas system tweaker, so I only know there are tons of properly gassed configs out there, why dump their price into a finicky upper?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not in need of a clone either. I'll probably end up with a 11.5" noveske with switchblock and quad rail after its all said and done
    Are they offering 11.5 SB uppers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not understand clones, really. Lots of stuff about the MK18 is either very specialized, or could be/has been improved by the civilian market. I personally got away from SBR's.