Downloads
    Uploads

Review: Striker Control Device AKA "The Gadget"

Description
    According to Taudevgroup, "The Striker Control Device (SCD) replaces the slide cover plate on your Glock pistol. When thumb pressure is applied to the SCD it blocks the rearward motion of the striker, which blocks movement of the trigger bar and prevents the trigger from moving. The SCD is completely passive. It does not lock or otherwise interfere with the normal operation of the pistol unless physical force is being purposely applied by the user. When using any normal firing grip, the SCD is not engaged and your pistol fires as usual with no additional steps needed. The SCD was inspired by standard procedures for double action hammer fired guns. Users are taught to keep pressure on the hammer while holstering. In doing so, trigger motion is blocked and the gun is prevented from firing in the event that something (finger, shirt, thumb break, jacket drawstring, etc.) finds its way into the trigger guard. The SCD provides this same capability for Glock pistols. The SCD provides an extra layer of safety when holstering. It does NOT replace awareness and safe gun handling. It creates an additional layer of safety to help avoid accidents. ALWAYS follow the four cardinal rules of firearms safety." and that "The SCD is CNC machined from 17-4PH stainless steel, has a black oxide finish, and is proudly made in the United States." I purchased several SCD's when they became available for purchase at around 12/16. Since then I was sent the Reduced Pre-Travel SCD, as well as the new Gen5 SCD and the Glock G43 SCD for review. The SCD retails for around $79 plus shipping, which is an absolute steal as far as I am concerned. You can buy it directly from Taudevgroup.
    read the full review here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2018/03/striker...gadget_34.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    So if I understand the function correctly, braced shooting is a no go, since most techniques involve solid contact with the rear of the slide?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    So if I understand the function correctly, braced shooting is a no go, since most techniques involve solid contact with the rear of the slide.
    If by braced you mean by putting your thumb on the back plate then no it won't work.

But if you take your contact shot .1" off contact it'll work fine, I've done it in training and it's not difficult to do.