Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not trashing Silencer Shop, but honestly, not sure if their methods offer anything more than just filling out Form 1's yourself, or having your dealer fill out Form 4's.

They obviously offer good prices on suppressors, but I find most dealers can match or come close.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Not trashing Silencer Shop, but honestly, not sure if their methods offer anything more than just filling out Form 1's yourself, or having your dealer fill out Form 4's.

They obviously offer good prices on suppressors, but I find most dealers can match or come close.
    I was just going to use them for the purpose so that I wouldn't have to go sit in the county jail for two hours waiting to get finger printed.

They are normally easy to use but the Form 1 stuff is not online and they keep on pushing the time back. I am just tired of waiting so I am going to log in to the ATF and upload all the stuff when I don't have a migraine.

We had several shops around where I live but one is in the process of closing down (at least for NFA items) and the other I won't do business with... I haven't found a good go-to place that will do my stuff for me. Now the closest place around me is about half an hour away and they have a Silencer Shop Kiosk...

I've never had that many problems with Silencer Shop (except one that was due to a specific employee) but their Form 1 stuff has been a disaster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, Alamo, I'm on the e-file site doing another Form 1, so your timing is good. Most of the challenges are getting the documents ready. Your trust as to be in a file size smaller than 3MB per file (I think) which means I had to break my trust up into 3 or 4 files. And then I had to fuss with getting a signature on the RPQ. Basically, it's a lot easier with a paid version of Adobe Acrobat.

Regarding the cards, the PD that printed me filled everything out. I just had to sign them. My Employer box is empty. My "Reason" box simply states "PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION". The boxes in the top middle are all blank. Basically, the only boxes filled in are my PII (name, sex, race hgt, wgt, yets, hair, DOB, POB, signature and residence). I think I did ~12 cards when I did them and I'm down to 4 now. Nothing on my cards will change or expire until/unless I move.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    OK, Alamo, I'm on the e-file site doing another Form 1, so your timing is good. Most of the challenges are getting the documents ready. Your trust as to be in a file size smaller than 3MB per file (I think) which means I had to break my trust up into 3 or 4 files. And then I had to fuss with getting a signature on the RPQ. Basically, it's a lot easier with a paid version of Adobe Acrobat.

Regarding the cards, the PD that printed me filled everything out. I just had to sign them. My Employer box is empty. My "Reason" box simply states "PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION". The boxes in the top middle are all blank. Basically, the only boxes filled in are my PII (name, sex, race hgt, wgt, yets, hair, DOB, POB, signature and residence). I think I did ~12 cards when I did them and I'm down to 4 now. Nothing on my cards will change or expire until/unless I move.
    Thanks man!

I will advise if I need anything guidance wise. I uploaded my trust file once and I think I still have a copy of that on a separate hard drive so I am hoping all that is GTG. I just have to fill out the info on the finger print cards, fill out the RP pages and get signatures and scan. After that I should be GTG I hope.

I've been waiting for months already so another few days to do this when my head is clear won't hurt.

OH, on the FP cards, what did you put for residence? City and State? County?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Thanks man!

I will advise if I need anything guidance wise. I uploaded my trust file once and I think I still have a copy of that on a separate hard drive so I am hoping all that is GTG. I just have to fill out the info on the finger print cards, fill out the RP pages and get signatures and scan. After that I should be GTG I hope.

I've been waiting for months already so another few days to do this when my head is clear won't hurt.

OH, on the FP cards, what did you put for residence? City and State? County?
    I used my mailing address.

And I'll be darned but they took the eform site down for maintenance while I was working on mine!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard a rumor yesterday that eForm 4s were supposed to be coming online by the end of 2019. If so, I might need to save up for another can...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I heard a rumor yesterday that eForm 4s were supposed to be coming online by the end of 2019. If so, I might need to save up for another can...
    That would be awesome.

Just managed to successfully submit my second e-File Form 1. The third one should go much faster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to make it more interesting regarding FPs, I bought fingerprint cards online and an ink pad and did them myself. :). My fellow trustee and I had a fingerprint party. Thanks to Obama, that’s a thing now.

Also, if your local PD is set up for it, they can do your prints electronically and then print them on request should you need more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Just to make it more interesting regarding FPs, I bought fingerprint cards online and an ink pad and did them myself. :). My fellow trustee and I had a fingerprint party. Thanks to Obama, that’s a thing now.

Also, if your local PD is set up for it, they can do your prints electronically and then print them on request should you need more.
    I asked earlier if we could do this and the answer was 'dunno'. If I would have known that I would have gone that route. It sure would have beaten sitting in the county jail for two hours.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every American citizen should have to do 8 hours of front desk time just to witness what all public safety professionals are subjected to for 40+ hours every week. It would change the respect issue in a hurry.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the RP form do I need to fill out all the CLEO stuff as well? I thought CLEO signatures were done away with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the RP form do I need to fill out all the CLEO stuff as well? I thought CLEO signatures were done away with.
    Yes, fill it out. When you print it, you will get two sets of RP forms. one is for the ATF, the other will be sanitized and you send that to the CLEO. No signature is required. The CLEO just has to be notified. I'm still not clear on how the ATF would even know if you sent the CLEO form, since the CLEO is not obligated to keep the form.

One other thing to look for...maybe it's just my computer, but when I print the RP forms, the first form has all the check boxes checked, but the CLEO form will have blank check boxes. All the text in the other fields will be there, but I have to manually go through with a pen to mark the check boxes. I think the signature date doesn't carry over, either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Yes, fill it out. When you print it, you will get two sets of RP forms. one is for the ATF, the other will be sanitized and you send that to the CLEO. No signature is required. The CLEO just has to be notified. I'm still not clear on how the ATF would even know if you sent the CLEO form, since the CLEO is not obligated to keep the form.

One other thing to look for...maybe it's just my computer, but when I print the RP forms, the first form has all the check boxes checked, but the CLEO form will have blank check boxes. All the text in the other fields will be there, but I have to manually go through with a pen to mark the check boxes. I think the signature date doesn't carry over, either.
    Thank you.

I will follow on if or when I run into further specific questions.

So that second set I do not need to scan that in and send it with the submission, just the "ATF copy" needs to be turned into a PDF. Roger that.

Regarding the forms that's one reason that prompted the question... the forms were printed BEFORE 41F...and it won't let me check the boxes on the PDF file like it does up top.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding the forms that's one reason that prompted the question... the forms were printed BEFORE 41F...and it won't let me check the boxes on the PDF file like it does up top.
    I'm not sure what you mean there. The current RP form is something that came about after 41F. The one I have sitting here is dated May 2016 (ATF 5320.23).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you.

I will follow on if or when I run into further specific questions.

So that second set I do not need to scan that in and send it with the submission, just the "ATF copy" needs to be turned into a PDF. Roger that.

My RP questionaire is ATF E-Form 5320.23, Revised May 2016. All the information I enter on the ATF Copy (text and check boxes on pages 1-2) is automatically copied over to CLEO Copy (pages 3-4). I used Acrobat Pro to insert a signature image on pages 2 and 4 and upload the entire form.

Edit: Interesting...when I download the form again from the ATF website, I get the same issue you guys are mentioning (the check boxes on page 4 don't autofill)