Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    Anything new Stick?

The upper is out currently being shot by someone else. It may be awhile before I find a UBR for this, so I figured we could get started with the upper and go from there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick: What LPK did you go with for the build?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What barrel was used in the end?

Maybe a final rifle specout?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The barrel is a Noveske N4 light barrel, its a 16" midlength. The upper is a Noveske/ Vltor VIS.

The lower is still not completed, and the upper is being passed around between individuals currently. The consensus seemed to be that the lower should wear a UBR, and all of the UBRs I have are preproduction models. I don't feel it would be right to do testing with a non-production piece as it would not represent what other people would be getting.

The Fire Control Group (FCG) is the Geiselle SSA, and the lower that its seen most of its time with be has been a Noveske FA lower wearing the Magpul ACS stock.

Here is a picture of how I have been shooting it, other shooters are using their lowers for right now. When things get finalized, the weapon will be sprayed FDE.

This project has taken longer than I had originally thought, but thats how things go sometimes. This will be a long term test, so a slow start won't effect the overall picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the update.

How did you acquire an N4 barrel? I was not aware they were available for purchase, rather only the N4 SS barrels.

P.S. ACS: drool.
    Last edited by dragonfly; 24 July 2009 at 13:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Thanks for the update.

How did you acquire an N4 barrel? I was not aware they were available for purchase, rather only the N4 SS barrels.

You can get them from Grant at G&R tactical but it has to be with an upper reciever. I think.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Thanks for the update.

How did you acquire an N4 barrel?

When I'm not playing city cop, I have positive interaction on a regular basis with many of the manufacturers in the weapon community.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Understatement of the year, there.

On the other hand, Stick does as much or more for these manufacturers than they do for him, so it is definitely a two-way street.

I've learned to stop asking questions and just enjoy the magic. :)

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've enjoyed reading this thread, it was stimulating to the brain. I think you came to some good conclusions. I am interested to see what happens with the MBUSs since I have them on my AR and have kinda wondered about their durability, unwilling to throw mine around to see the result. Oh, and I finally registered, so hooyah to my first post. Great site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rav3nwulfe View Post
    I've enjoyed reading this thread, it was stimulating to the brain. I think you came to some good conclusions. I am interested to see what happens with the MBUSs since I have them on my AR and have kinda wondered about their durability, unwilling to throw mine around to see the result. Oh, and I finally registered, so hooyah to my first post. Great site.

Welcome to the board, if you haven't checked out the below thread, its probably my favorite. Feel free to join it, I think as a board, everyone who has contributed has done a great job of providing info that will be a resource for others.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=817

As far as the MBUS are concerned, I'm currently using them on my duty weapon, so that should give an idea of how much faith I have in them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be following this thread for a while as I am looking to build a heavy use AR (seeing as I will probably on have one for quite some time) an want it to last. Good info here. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Testing is moving along nicely with this project. At this point, its only the upper thats being put through its paces. It should be going to military ranges next. Unfortunately, the BCG that we are testing is a semi-auto, so that rules out FA testing at this point.

No problems of any kind noted so far. The Fail Zero BCG has surprised a lot of us, I had thought the coating would be hype, but it really does run well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stick

Do you know if the ACS will be released in bulk or limited run? Will this be the new UBR in terms of unobtanium or are they going to flood with ACS?

I'm glad to hear the FZ BCG is running well!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    Stick

Do you know if the ACS will be released in bulk or limited run? Will this be the new UBR in terms of unobtanium or are they going to flood with ACS?

I'm glad to hear the FZ BCG is running well!

The ACS has been released , and its easier manufacturing ensure that it should be MUCH more available than the UBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be cool if magpul did a fixed UBR like the sully stock that comes standard in an 8'' configuration, but would also accept buttpad extensions.