Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You still would have needed to pull the rifle away from the background if you were using green. It might reflect green onto the rifle itself and then you run into the problem of accidentally removing part of the gun, or have a green edge to the gun.

Either way, if you want a sold color background, you want to move the gun away from it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely. I look forward to trying it again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonScoring View Post
    You still would have needed to pull the rifle away from the background if you were using green. It might reflect green onto the rifle itself and then you run into the problem of accidentally removing part of the gun, or have a green edge to the gun.

Either way, if you want a sold color background, you want to move the gun away from it.

How do you suggest doing that?

I have experimented with putting on "stilts" using another tripod with a clamp, results vary...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    How do you suggest doing that?

I have experimented with putting on "stilts" using another tripod with a clamp, results vary...
    Suspended with fishing line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    You know I tried that, I might have been using the wrong fishing line...also have the wrong setup for that lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know I tried that, I might have been using the wrong fishing line...also have the wrong setup for that lol
    Certain kinds (monofilament or fluorocarbon) react differently to certain kinds of light. When we fish at night we use fluorocarbon and hang a black light over the side of the boat. It looks about the size of a fluorescent light bulb shooting through the water.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Certain kinds (monofilament or fluorocarbon) react differently to certain kinds of light. When we fish at night we use fluorocarbon and hang a black light over the side of the boat. It looks about the size of a fluorescent light bulb shooting through the water.
    That's the problem I am not a fisherman, I just got some random fishing line. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, fishing line (or similar) to hang the item is probably the best. If your issue with that voodoo_man is the line showing up, you may need to remove it in Photoshop. You also need a pretty strong setup to support the rifle. I have a real cheap backdrop stand set, and I could never support something as heavy as a rifle with it. If you have overhead rafter, you could hang it from that. Otherwise, children work.

If you're taking a photo of a rifle, but won't be getting the ends in the shot, you can raise it up with boxes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the problem I am not a fisherman, I just got some random fishing line. LOL
    Is say your best bet would be some clear 4lb monofilament. It's very thin, and shouldn't transmit so much light. Keep in mind 4lb doesn't necessarily mean it will break with 4lb of force, it'll handle a bit more, should hold an ar and other things up

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys.

I will try some stuff later on, I am thinking about building a dual use setup with PVC pipes, this might give me a reason to do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bingo. That's what I used. I had to use heavy-duty 20lb line. The lesser stuff kept breaking. Also a good idea to tie off at least 3 points to keep the gun still. I used 2 and it worked but was not optimal.

Use the Spot Healing Brush in Photoshop to easily remove the lines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I picked up some really thing 4lb fishing line, did the suspension thing on a white background and on green. Here are my results (did both black and white backgrounds for comparison of result)

One thing I couldn't get the white outline on the Glock to disappear on the black background. I also had trouble with the green background not reflecting onto the edges. I think I needed more light than I used (two stationary and a flash) Suggestions?

Opinions?

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I picked up some really thing 4lb fishing line, did the suspension thing on a white background and on green. Here are my results (did both black and white backgrounds for comparison of result)

One thing I couldn't get the white outline on the Glock to disappear on the black background. I also had trouble with the green background not reflecting onto the edges. I think I needed more light than I used (two stationary and a flash) Suggestions?

Opinions?

Nice! So the 4lb worked out for you? Try a rifle yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! So the 4lb worked out for you? Try a rifle yet?
    It "sorta" worked. I just strung it up between two chairs...LOL

Difficult to get the object to get setup on the right place each time without swinging or the like.

I doubt the 4lb is going to work for a rifle. It barely worked for the glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    trying some stuff out