Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the short throw Noveske ambi safety on the 7.62x39 pistol that's almost done. I like it better than the standard safety on my rifle. I don't care that the pointer doesn't go all the way 'fire'. You know that it's in fire position anyway and I do like that I can flip it from either side. I did notice too when installing it that I could have changed it from 60 to 90 degrees also. I left it at 60 degrees.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a question on these safety selectors. On the short throw I thought I read that some were from fire to 60 for safe, and some (like the BadASS) were from ther safe to 60 for fire. Does that make sense?
    Which ones are cogged like the BadAss?

I like the Striker Industries if it is that way.

Roger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
    I have a question on these safety selectors. On the short throw I thought I read that some were from fire to 60 for safe, and some (like the BadASS) were from ther safe to 60 for fire. Does that make sense?
    Which ones are cogged like the BadAss?

I like the Striker Industries if it is that way.

Roger
    Some may have there wording messed up in their description. All the short throw selectors I've messed with are measured from the safe position.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I have the short throw Noveske ambi safety on the 7.62x39 pistol that's almost done. I like it better than the standard safety on my rifle. I don't care that the pointer doesn't go all the way 'fire'. You know that it's in fire position anyway and I do like that I can flip it from either side. I did notice too when installing it that I could have changed it from 60 to 90 degrees also. I left it at 60 degrees.
    I think you are mistaken that the Noveske safeties are user adjustable for either 60* or 90*. I have them on at least 10 rifles and they are definitely 60* only. The early ones actually said 57* on the package but they do not offer a choice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Some may have there wording messed up in their description. All the short throw selectors I've messed with are measured from the safe position.
    Thank You.
    So on a short throw selector, the 45-60% position would be FIRE?

Roger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
    Thank You.
    So on a short throw selector, the 45-60% position would be FIRE?

Roger
    Yes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BAD-ASS-ST rotates to 50 degree to fire, close to somewhere between SAFE and FIRE.
    It was changed from the original 45 degree to 50 to address compatibility issues with certain Wilson TTU triggers, not all the Wilson TTU triggers were incompatible, and these triggers in question didn't exhibit the same behavior in all the receivers.

While I was still there, we had the most complete reference on trigger compatibility. Dimensions were tweaked for the first two years of the BAD-ASS's life, all these improvements make them what they are.

60 degree is very close to the 90 degree mark, to me it almost isn't a short throw. There's a balance between speed, and creating enough distance / arc between SAFE and FIRE so a user can clearly distinguish the positions, and under stress, do not inadvertently flip it to FIRE when his intention is to simply put his thumb on the lever in the SAFE position.

On top of the two considerations mentioned above, there's the issue of trigger compatibility. AR triggers are designed to work with 90 degree selectors. All of the factory triggers we tested were compatible, but Wilson trigger packs in particular, can be hit and miss with a 45 degree selector, i.e. with the hammer cocked, selector on SAFE, when enough pressure is applied to the trigger, it can cam and rotate the selector to FIRE and drop the hammer (fire the weapon). Thus the 5 degree increase to reduce the likelihood of that happening.
    Last edited by Duffy; 21 July 2015 at 07:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the V7, and I like it as my first short throw I've dealt with. Initially, it's really stiff, but I'm sure it will smooth out. If you have the need, it's easy to switch the long and short sides.