Thread: Mega barrels

Downloads
    Uploads

Mega barrels

Anyone have any experience with the Mega 5.56 barrels? Surprisingly little to be learned about their performance on the interwebs. I've got a Mega receiver set looking for an 18" barrel and there is a great deal to be had on Mega right now, but am leaning towards Rainier, BCM or perhaps ARP. I'm looking to build a tack driver that will deliver good groups out to 600 from the bench.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 16" mega barrel that i have had together not too long, but so far 200'ish rounds of factory LC/223 box ammo and a few older 69gr reloads have all showed MOA or better, this was also with a Vortex 1-4 and a QMS trigger....It looks to be a good shooter already, finish was great as usual with mega stuff.....that was also off the side of a truck at about 1-110 yards..lol..

Id say pick one up..Mine is a shooter and look forward to swapping in a better trigger and actually sitting down with it..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 16" in 5.56 and 18" in .308 both shoot as advertised 1 MOA. I'm sure a better shooter could get sub-MOA all day. I also just purchased a 10.5" but haven't installed it yet.