Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that it means much I guess but I finally purchased a 300BLK NO GO gauge. The bolt doesn't really even start to cam over with the gauge in the chamber. At least I know I don't have excessive headspace.

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you shot the rifle, yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally put a handful of subsonic rounds through my 300BLK with the replacement RCA bolt in place. I had no issues with cycling and the bolt locked back when empty.

I didn't notice any issue with opening the bolt on a chambered round. I don't have a GO gauge so the headspace could be short but the gun seems to work as it should.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm replacing the rca bolt and carrier groups I bought my friends. The teeth on one bolt are peening pretty noticeably at just a few hundred rounds. No function issues, but that strikes me as no good. Ill post pictures when I get over their way mid january. Junk product imo/ime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's too bad. These look like they've got some potential but the quality control just isn't where it needs to be I guess.

I'll keep a sharp eye on mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. H&M is a top notch metal processor. They aren't too good at producing bcg components, though, or picking sources for them, and their customer service is a bit passive aggressive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    ...and their customer service is a bit passive aggressive.
    Lol!

I actually got a call a few weeks back from Chris Cerino. He called to see if the bolt and carrier was working for me. Unfortunately I didn't recognize the number that popped up on my phone. I figured it was a pollster or telemarketer so I let it go to voicemail.

In RCA's defense I think the industry is awash in rushed production and quality control errors because of the political environment. Hopefully, as things continue to settle down everyone can take a deep breath and get things back on track.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    Lol!

I actually got a call a few weeks back from Chris Cerino. He called to see if the bolt and carrier was working for me. Unfortunately I didn't recognize the number that popped up on my phone. I figured it was a pollster or telemarketer so I let it go to voicemail.

In RCA's defense I think the industry is awash in rushed production and quality control errors because of the political environment. Hopefully, as things continue to settle down everyone can take a deep breath and get things back on track.

There is nothing that allows a CS department to say "Well I guess you should just write us off" to me, and to send a signed note to another customer saying that if you don't like it, sell it to someone else. I made excuse after excuse for the junk RCA put out, on multiple forums, hoping they would get it together. Instead, Shade stopped answering the phone, and Chris began. The CS dropped to the quality of the product. I can buy a better BCG for $109 for Ranier Arms if I need one, as far as I am concerned.

Pictures of the peened bolt in about a month and a half.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read somewhere that the Noveske shooting team is using the RCA competition bolt carriers in their match guns. That's actually what kind of got me wanting one in the first place. If they're using them there must be some practical benefits.

How many other people have we seen with problems? Have these given the Noveske team any issues?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't put too much stock in a shooting team's gear to translate into what I'd use. Completely different purposes.

I don't have a RCA BCG, but at some point I did want to try one, because I am a secret, well not so secret fan of whiz-bang coatings that cut down lube and cleaning time. However, with that being said, I see that the RCA is $225. I can buy a Nickel Boron Rainier Arms BCG for $189.99 (not including LE/MIL discount) or a BCM BCG, which in my opinion is the gold standard for phosphate BCG's. At this point, I'm not sure I'd spend the extra money for the RCA. The customer service seems a bit unorthodox.

This past weekend, RCA was offering a free bolt with a purchase of a BCG. That was pretty tempting has I was going to purchase a new bolt for another carrier without one. Forgot about the deal though and missed out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I read somewhere that the Noveske shooting team is using the RCA competition bolt carriers in their match guns. That's actually what kind of got me wanting one in the first place. If they're using them there must be some practical benefits.

How many other people have we seen with problems? Have these given the Noveske team any issues?

I dont know. I'm not particularly worried about what NST is using. I buy quality stuff that I know works. They can use whatever tickles them.
    Last edited by JGifford; 4 December 2013 at 13:25.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    There's a fairly lengthy thread on M4C regarding these bolt carrier groups. I'll say up front I don't own one, and have no personal experience, but many people in the M4C thread have purchased them.

My biggest concern is that they haven't been consistent based on the pictures that owners have been posting over the last 6 months. Some come with coated firing pins, some don't, and at one point they changed their staking method, then back again when people complained (although it doesn't appear that the different method was ineffective, rather it simply didn't look like the nice staking from a MOACKS). Additionally, RCA said they were going to stop using forged gas keys at some point, and switch to CNC'd gas keys.

Food for thought.
    Those who are not required to hold to a standard, rarely do.
    -Pat Rogers
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    AIM Surplus has what appears to be a very cost effective alternative. Combine this with AIM's friendly staff and it is sure to be a winner.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...up&groupid=723

Downloads
    Uploads
    AIM Surplus has what appears to be a very cost effective alternative. Combine this with AIM's friendly staff and it is sure to be a winner.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...up&groupid=723
    Rainier Arms will be releasing a similar type of BCG next year.