Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, I got a great deal on one of those uber-stainless barrels, and went ahead and pulled the trigger on it. I'm sure the barrel will be more accurate than me, and more accurate than the sum of its parts, but I guess that's not something I will complain about.

I ended up with an LWRC stock, Damage Industries buffer kit, Aero 2A lower, Stag LPK, Parabellum upper, LMT BCG, PSA FA and CH, Parrallax Tactical FFSSR 15 rail, .223 Wylde Odin 16.1 stainless Intermediate gas barrel, gas block, and tube, and a SI J-Comp.

I am planning on getting a trigger as well, but it probably won't be an uber-match grade trigger. I'm thinking the Hiperfire EDT most likely. This rifle will be 75% prone shooting for fun, 20% 3 gun, and 5% sit at the bench and try to pull off a 1 MOA or smaller group.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great JHoward, let us know how she does.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread is interesting since I have somewhat reversed myself. It occurred to me that if I already have an 11.5" red-dot gun, and a 10.3" suppressed red-dot gun, and I'm going to put a 1.x-Y optic on my 16" gun, why *not* go with stainless? The two cons to the stainless barrel are weight and (perceived) longevity. However, if I already have a shorter, lighter, carbine for times when weight and round count might be an issue, there's really no reason that I can come up with *not* to have the stainless barrel. And, while many advise against it, if weight is a potential issue I can get the stainless barrel fluted from the chamber to the gas block for $100, which isn't much considering the entire gun and optic is likely to cost well north of $2k.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The two cons to the stainless barrel are weight and (perceived) longevity. However, if I already have a shorter, lighter, carbine for times when weight and round count might be an issue, there's really no reason that I can come up with *not* to have the stainless barrel.
    Rob have you check into Battle Arms Development's 16" Lightrigid barrel? At 24.6 oz. it's only 3 oz. heavier than a BCM ELW fluted. It's expsensive but I want one.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Rob have you check into Battle Arms Development's 16" Lightrigid barrel? At 24.6 oz. it's only 3 oz. heavier than a BCM ELW fluted. It's expsensive but I want one.
    I haven't because (a) I'm really uninterested in "building" an upper (b) I haven't seen any real testing on that barrel (c) as you point out, it's expensive, and (d) while BAD makes some product I like (45* safety, I particular) I find a lot of their products to be pretty... odd, which does not engender much faith in them.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET