Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    These are live first at Rainier Arms:

http://www.rainierarms.com/mega-ar-1...harging-handle

MSRP $57
    I've got to get my account straight I forgot to when they went to the new sight.... Blah...

Side note anyone want a BCM mod 4... Or 3

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got one for my uncles build, its nice but that latch is tight. Hope it doesn't wear the receiver out as people have said it may.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Just got one for my uncles build, its nice but that latch is tight. Hope it doesn't wear the receiver out as people have said it may.
    I don't think this will wear your upper receiver anymore than a standard milspec one will.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's definitely going to take the anodizing off a little, but after that, I don't think you'll see much wear. How many times do you pull your charging handle, anyways?

The demo model on the floor at SHOT show was shiny from lack of ano, but it was still intact, and that thing has been cycled probably 20,000 times this week. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad I'm not the only one to think the latch is too tight. It has worn the Cerakote more in 10 cycles than the Raptor or the Fortis have in hundreds. That and the typical latch not sticking out on the weak side of the charging handle like most ambi's makes it very hard to cycle with the forward assist there. Impossible to swipe the handle with the side of your hand like I'm used too. Much better on slick side uppers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just ordered mine, so I'll give it a go

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do pull the CH an exessive amount due to the SAFE act. The only way to shoot is with a top loader so every 10 rounds you need to separate the upper and lower, feed ammo and pull the CH again. I don't bother but the person I got it for does a lot. Sucks, thank you UWone77 I will let him know it shouldn't be bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one to think the latch is too tight. It has worn the Cerakote more in 10 cycles than the Raptor or the Fortis have in hundreds. That and the typical latch not sticking out on the weak side of the charging handle like most ambi's makes it very hard to cycle with the forward assist there. Impossible to swipe the handle with the side of your hand like I'm used too. Much better on slick side uppers.
    Yep. It's going to wear. Just physics. Neat design, but it's not made to go with an upper, or rather, the upper is not made for it. Just look at it. The upper UWone77 posted a picture of illustrates it beautifully. See how the side of the latch slot facing the rear is sloped? See how the front of the CH latch is sloped at the same angle? Yep. Those two parts were made to interface. Now look at the front of the latch slot. See how it's a 90* shelf? Okay...
    I'll be sticking with a conventional latch design, and your post as well as common sense applied to design confirms the reason.

I really want to like this item, but it's just not something that I view as long-term viable until the upper is made to match it, which, MEGA being who they are, is not out of the question in the future, IMO

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    AM I the only one that's really underwhelmed by the Mega CH?

It's almost $60....... I've seen raptors on sale for $65.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    AM I the only one that's really underwhelmed by the Mega CH?

It's almost $60....... I've seen raptors on sale for $65.
    I got irritated at the marketing and bought a different product, as well. Now, I LOVE! MEGA! I really do, but the #2 concern everyone has, who has a concern at all, is it wearing the notch in the upper and not successfully being locked thereafter. (the first concern was it locking in the first place, which MEGA successfully demonstrated).

NOONE has addressed this concern except to laugh it off.

AXTS tested the Raptor for over 1,000,000 cycles to make sure it was up to snuff. All I've seen from MEGA is short video clips showing it won't unlatch on its own.

MEGA is an awesome company that makes top quality gear to the utmost precise standards. I am sure they considered upper wear. Why not share a bit of that T&E for guys like me who would love to buy one, love MEGA, want to give them our dollars, but before doing so, would like to know about that beyond "more for others, then " type comments from their dealers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I got irritated at the marketing and bought a different product, as well. Now, I LOVE! MEGA! I really do, but the #2 concern everyone has, who has a concern at all, is it wearing the notch in the upper and not successfully being locked thereafter. (the first concern was it locking in the first place, which MEGA successfully demonstrated).

NOONE has addressed this concern except to laugh it off.

AXTS tested the Raptor for over 1,000,000 cycles to make sure it was up to snuff. All I've seen from MEGA is short video clips showing it won't unlatch on its own.

MEGA is an awesome company that makes top quality gear to the utmost precise standards. I am sure they considered upper wear. Why not share a bit of that T&E for guys like me who would love to buy one, love MEGA, want to give them our dollars, but before doing so, would like to know about that beyond "more for others, then " type comments from their dealers?
    I've been cycling my CH on an upper a few times a day when I get a chance. I'll update when I get more "wear" and use out of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've been cycling my CH on an upper a few times a day when I get a chance. I'll update when I get more "wear" and use out of it.
    Thanks. Curious. Nothing at all against MEGA and not trying to snipe at their product. I'd like one, but not at the cost of wearing out an expensive upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I missed some news thing, but why the interest in MEGA charging handle and not the Sintercore Tripwire? I'm pretty sure the tripwire came out a while ago and nobody ever talked about it.