Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Arms 7.62 Muzzle Brake?

Has anyone tried the Rainier Arms 7.62 muzzle brake? Can you tell me about it's effectiveness? Is in on par with Lantac?
    Actually, the new brake I'm looking for will be used on a somewhat mild round, the .277 Wolverine. But I think most of it's time will be shooting prone at coyotes and other varmints, so I'd like a brake so as not to lift the bipod every shot.

I noticed the Rainier Arms is quite a bit less than the Lantac, so I thought I'd find out what I could about it, and maybe go with one.

Thanks ahead,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not shot one FT, but here's a video of the Rainier Arms .308. This rifle features a RAC 7.62. Video has the guy shooting prone, hope this helps.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, GOST,

I think I'll just order one. If it's that effective on a .308, it should really tame any recoil or muzzle flip on the .277 Wolverine.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope it works well for you. Let us know what you think of it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use the previous generation Rainier 30cal brake on a bolt gun, 16.5" barrel 308 (Ruger GSR). With the stock flash hider there was a bit of muzzle jump and with the brake it has less jump. The previous generation was a single channel brake, so I would bet that the newer one is even more effective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The RA performs as a 3 port brake should. Another one to consider as well is the 308 VG6 Gamma.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The RA performs as a 3 port brake should. Another one to consider as well is the 308 VG6 Gamma.
    I've got 2 VG6 Epsilons (5.56). I didn't know that VG6 made a 7.62 version. Already ordered the RA, so I guess I'll have to live with it. Hope it works well. Thanks for the info, though.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will likely try one of these in the future. But honestly out of all the .308 brakes I own, I have yet to find one that improves upon the PWS FSC30. That brake on a .300 Blackout truly has almost 0 recoil. Muzzle jump is non existent. If it just was not so damn loud.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I will likely try one of these in the future. But honestly out of all the .308 brakes I own, I have yet to find one that improves upon the PWS FSC30. That brake on a .300 Blackout truly has almost 0 recoil. Muzzle jump is non existent. If it just was not so damn loud.
    Lol... yep, LOUD is the beauty of the muzzle brake. If you're sitting at a bench at a crowded firing range, testing loads for groups, sighting in or what ever, on a miserably hot day, I find it helps me make friends who want to buy me beers for free.... or was that find people who wanted to kick my ass?.... yeah that's it, the second one...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger