Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    He makes this threaded adapter for the Surefire shotgun forends.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I've got one of those. I know he doesn't sell many. Some of Gene's products are very niche and I'm surprised he makes them, but like I said, at least there are some options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    We sell a complete light with km1 or km2 head and our body and choice of tailcap for $259.

IR lights are a tiiiiiiny portion of our sales. Heck, most serious nvg users don't use the surefire IR heads either because the IR illuminator on their peq or mawl is far superior.
    I wish Gene made a better Scout head. Run time on his brightest E2 is something like half an hour?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yeah, I've got one of those. I know he doesn't sell many. Some of Gene's products are very niche and I'm surprised he makes them, but like I said, at least there are some options.
    I think the genuine Surefire LED forend upgrade is only marginally more expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We sell a complete light with km1 or km2 head and our body and choice of tailcap for $259.
    $233.10 if you're LE/MIL.... so this is really why I think for the masses the new light is more appealing than the upgrade.

Downloads
    Uploads

IR lights are a tiiiiiiny portion of our sales. Heck, most serious nvg users don't use the surefire IR heads either because the IR illuminator on their peq or mawl is far superior.
    What's the price on the DS tail cap?

Downloads
    Uploads

I don’t use it because it doesn’t work that well. I need an IR beam for coyotes/hogs but I really can’t swing $1000+ for something I used in the Army.... I’d use so infrequently (since it’s not work related). But I hate buying cheap crap

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish Gene made a better Scout head. Run time on his brightest E2 is something like half an hour?

That's because Gene's heads maintain constant output until the battery dies instead of a gradual drop down to nothing. You can use 16650 cells to more than double the run time.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the price on the DS tail cap?

I believe map is $99. I should probably start carrying some of those.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I don’t use it because it doesn’t work that well. I need an IR beam for coyotes/hogs but I really can’t swing $1000+ for something I used in the Army.... I’d use so infrequently (since it’s not work related). But I hate buying cheap crap
    I’ll give you that the KM2 isn’t the best IR illuminator. That’s what the PEQ is for. Also not the brightest white light although the latest heads are up to 350 lumens...

But for training guns and spares it’s a decent unit.
    Last edited by usbp379; 4 August 2018 at 20:08.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ll give you that the KM2 isn’t the best IR illuminator. That’s what the PEQ is for. Also not the brightest white light although the latest heads are up to 350 lumens...

But for training guns and spares it’s a decent unit.

I know. I ran a PEQ2 and PEQ15 for years and have a 15 in my Safe. I am not running and gunning anymore. The only thing I do under NVG now is stalking coyotes/hogs and I need a very specific combo of IR Illum and IR laser that the PEQ/15 isn’t sufficient for. I would like a small, stand alone IR laser and inexpensive because the IR flood unit I need is huge. I say inexpensive because I’m not a cop or in the military anymore and I’m not beating the hell out of this stuff while trusting my life to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just FYSA,

It looks like the current M61 drop-in LED is @ 425 lumens now. Not earth shattering but not bad either. Certainly a good option for $42 or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's because Gene's heads maintain constant output until the battery dies instead of a gradual drop down to nothing. You can use 16650 cells to more than double the run time.
    Any ETA on when you'll have the E2ST back in stock?

Also, any plans on selling 16650 or 18650 batteries?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Upgraded another one of these with the threaded adapter and E2 Super Throw head from Malkoff. Total was a bit north of $100.

Again, maybe not the best option if starting from scratch. But I already had the light with XM tail cap, the tape switch and the mount for my VTAC handguard. The addition of the threaded collar and new head gives me the functionality of the current Scout without buying a new light and/or DS tail cap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bit the bullet and ordered an Arisaka 300 series light yesterday

I was going to upgrade the M951 but the weight savings finally made me upgrade while I had the other stuff in my cart, I figured I might as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Upgraded another one of these with the threaded adapter and E2 Super Throw head from Malkoff. Total was a bit north of $100.

Again, maybe not the best option if starting from scratch. But I already had the light with XM tail cap, the tape switch and the mount for my VTAC handguard. The addition of the threaded collar and new head gives me the functionality of the current Scout without buying a new light and/or DS tail cap.

I don't know if there is another person running this exact same setup anywhere