Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 .22LR

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think .22 pistols are fun, so I'll get one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As picky as a lot of .22's are with ammo, it's got some work to be as fun as my (don't laugh), Walther. It has run reasonably well on whatever I've fed it, so far. That said, this is probably one of the more compelling Glocks I've seen in the last 300 releases.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Available for pre order here $359

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...tomatic-pistol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got the same deal right up the road from me.

https://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/245413

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most have jumped the shark on pissing on the 44. If it's form factor is exactly like a 19, it'll make an excellent training gun.

10k .22 is like $400 or something for decent stuff, that's 5:1 22 to 9mm shooting. I'll take that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not pissing on the 44, but how is training equitable? WIth the poly/steel slide, the weight is certain to be different. Looks like the floor plates are molded into the mag itself, so mags are gonna have trouble dropping free. It won't run all the go-fast goodies like, oh sights, and the jury is out on triggers. You can put a flashlight on it. Okay, so maybe some pee came out, but those are the observables so far. Not sure I'd leave the 19 at home yet. It looks like a decent little gun and I'll probably get one, but I think its place hits closer to a 48 than a 19 for weight and size.

Glock has so many models now, they should consider redoing the nomenclature. It's no more "normal to call a 22 a 44, than it was a .40 a 22, or a 9 a 17/18/19. Nevermind the high 20's and 30 to 40's!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think .22 pistols are fun, so I'll get one.
    Got it yet? That pre-order is calling...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Glock has so many models now, they should consider redoing the nomenclature. It's no more "normal to call a 22 a 44, than it was a .40 a 22, or a 9 a 17/18/19. Nevermind the high 20's and 30 to 40's!
    Yeah, the 9mm Glock 45 tends to confuse non-Glock people

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Not pissing on the 44, but how is training equitable? WIth the poly/steel slide, the weight is certain to be different. Looks like the floor plates are molded into the mag itself, so mags are gonna have trouble dropping free. It won't run all the go-fast goodies like, oh sights, and the jury is out on triggers. You can put a flashlight on it. Okay, so maybe some pee came out, but those are the observables so far. Not sure I'd leave the 19 at home yet. It looks like a decent little gun and I'll probably get one, but I think its place hits closer to a 48 than a 19 for weight and size.

Other than weight, everything you posted is complete speculation.

We don't know what kind of trigger it'll have, or what kind of sights it'll take, or mag function.

What is true is that it's a 19 form factor which means it'll be compatible with all 19 related holsters/etc. And even if its not the same weight, the fact you have a 19 sized gun that you can shoot 5 rounds of .22 for everyone 1 round of 9mm (cost) that's...incredible.

If Glock did their homework and the 44 works exactly the way every other Glock works so far, a training 44 will be a cornerstone of training tools for anyone serious.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Other than weight, everything you posted is complete speculation.

We don't know what kind of trigger it'll have, or what kind of sights it'll take, or mag function.

What is true is that it's a 19 form factor which means it'll be compatible with all 19 related holsters/etc. And even if its not the same weight, the fact you have a 19 sized gun that you can shoot 5 rounds of .22 for everyone 1 round of 9mm (cost) that's...incredible.

If Glock did their homework and the 44 works exactly the way every other Glock works so far, a training 44 will be a cornerstone of training tools for anyone serious.
    Okay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can almost hear the furniture being smashed at Umarex.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Yeah, the 9mm Glock 45 tends to confuse non-Glock people
    For those out there who don't know, glocks model number is actually the patent number. It has absolutely nothing to do with the caliber...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    You can almost hear the furniture being smashed at Umarex.
    Umarex even in business? Seems like anytime I was remotely interested in any of their .22LR, you can never find one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In-depth info on the new Glock 44:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    In-depth info on the new Glock 44:

That video made this seem a lot more interesting to me. I don't own any kind of Glock but if they can get the reliability they claim... I would buy one once they get a suppressor ready version available.