Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Expect mine on Sat.

Looking forward to some reviews and pics. Prob be a while before I get to use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The rest of you seeing this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    The rest of you seeing this?
    Are you talking about the blue tint? If so thats part of the design. Here is Trijicon's response:

Good morning and thank you for your inquiry, the MRO does have a coating and is to maximize the efficiency of reflecting the LED's wavelength resulting in a longer battery life.

Regards
    KH
    Trijicon Technical Support

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fisheye effect was noticeable with one I handled today.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Fisheye effect was noticeable with one I handled today.
    I agree. I think this will put a dent in Micro Sales for guys who have to pinch all their pennies, but so far the quality is not up to Aimpoint.

Downloads
    Uploads

Let's hope I'm not disappoint.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I agree. I think this will put a dent in Micro Sales for guys who have to pinch all their pennies, but so far the quality is not up to Aimpoint.
    I want to handle one, but man, the video reviews I am seeing are in agreement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bummer

Downloads
    Uploads
    And I'm still waiting.......I hate FedEx

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got mine over the weekend and played around with it for a little while.

Some initial observations.

One of the better red dots for my astigmatism. Right there with the T1 although the T1 I can run slightly brighter before the dot turns to a comet.

Good optical quality with a very slight fish eye but again falls behind the T1. The SRS is also slightly better IMO.

The intensity adjustment could also use a few more positions. The jump from max intensity to the next lowest seems drastic although I have not used it in very bright sunlight yet.

Seems to be the typical Trijicon durability as far as construction goes but time and use will be needed to see how it holds up.

Plan is to shoot on Sunday if the weather allows and I plan to run it on a few different weapons.

All in all it is just about what I expected for a $500 Trijicon red dot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I got mine over the weekend and played around with it for a little while.

Some initial observations.

One of the better red dots for my astigmatism. Right there with the T1 although the T1 I can run slightly brighter before the dot turns to a comet.

Good optical quality with a very slight fish eye but again falls behind the T1. The SRS is also slightly better IMO.

The intensity adjustment could also use a few more positions. The jump from max intensity to the next lowest seems drastic although I have not used it in very bright sunlight yet.

Seems to be the typical Trijicon durability as far as construction goes but time and use will be needed to see how it holds up.

Plan is to shoot on Sunday if the weather allows and I plan to run it on a few different weapons.

All in all it is just about what I expected for a $500 Trijicon red dot.
    I've already read of the first one dying. This is what cracks me up about people's love for Trijicon. Rarely does the housing have jack shit to do with how durable the optic is going to be unless Grog is beating it with a rock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What are you even trying to say in the first comment?

Downloads
    Uploads

Trijicon MRO

Nice first look sinner.

I think the problem with Trijicon is people expect them to be perfect. Then when a few people report problems it's blown up. Every company has units that fail or have problems. Trijicon has a great warranty program so if there is a problem then they will fix it. I'm sure there are plenty of Aimpoints, leoupolds, nightforce, elcans, etc. That have a flaw or two.

For what it's worth. I think the MRO is A good optic, nice price point and it does what it's suppose to do... Put a red dot on a target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just returned from zeroing the MRO and Elcan 3x at the range. I forgot my spotting scope so just shot 50yds for both. The Triji illumination knob is the big plus for me. One to three clicks from off is so user friendly. Everything else seems about the same as my T1. Precise dot and clear glass. Did not even notice the tint. Don't even ask for groups. I'm an average shot with bad eyes.

About the Elcan let me just say if the 3x Acog had this reticle it would be perfect. Quick to position CQB sight box with fine crosshairs inside for precision. Downsides are weight, bulk and awkward illume knob. Still a net winner for me.

I feel like a Soviet refugee hitting an American grocery store for the first time. The selection of great optics in all price ranges these days is astounding.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode