Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone using ARP barrels?

Generally curious if anyone is using his barrels - ar15 performance .

Never have myself, heard about them here and there and have read mixed reviews from googling but nothing recent.

https://www.ar15performance.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been running a 12.5 for 5 years or so. Such a solid shooter.

They also made the first 50 barrels for the .277wlv of which I had one of the first 10 and did a lot of testing with.

I have no issues recommended them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    No issues for me in 6.8.

If you read the 68forums, you’ll see raving reviews over a long history. They aren’t match grade but they seem to shoot as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two. My 16" 6.8 Scout is consistent 0.9-1.0 MOA with factory Gold Dot and Fusion rounds all day. One of the best values out there for barrels IMO. I don't have enough rounds through my 12.5" barrel to really vouch for it yet, though, although many owners speak equally highly of it.

edit: Regarding "mixed reviews", the owner is persona non-grata on a few forums, especially with the Grendel crowd. The very mention of his company can get you banned from one forum. There is some hate out there so take that into consideration when reading things.
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 22 January 2020 at 06:46.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    edit: Regarding "mixed reviews", the owner is persona non-grata on a few forums, especially with the Grendel crowd. The very mention of his company can get you banned from one forum. There is some hate out there so take that into consideration when reading things.
    Ah yes, the internet firearms community. Acting like 12 year-old girls since the ARPA-net.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He knew early on the Grendel was flawed and wasn’t afraid to say so. Both my 6.8 barrels from him have been flawless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Medic came out of hiding..

Ya I just learned that speaking of his barrels will about get you banned on a few forums.. lol..he must of really ruffled some feathers..lo

Thanks for the feedback guys..

Sinner- what are you talking about in regards to the grendel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dont own an ARP barrel but have heard nothing but positive feedback about them. I did buy several of his superbolts a while back, flawless...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I don't think it was so much that H was bashing the Grendel as much as he was pointing out that many of the comparisons between the Grendel and SPC that put a halo around the Grendel were faulty. He actually sells Grendel barrels. For most shooters, the difference between the rounds in inconsequential, but for those that are pushing the envelope with handloads you can actually do more with the 6.8 than the Grendel fanbois care to admit. Performance is a bit academic, though, as both will kill deer and hogs. The feeding geometry does favor the 6.8 a bit, though. Full disclosure: I'm totally in the 6.8 camp. Personally, I lost interest in the Grendel for the same reason I never tried snowboarding: I didn't want to be associated with that crowd. The fact that certain forums will block the sharing of information because someone didn't like the truth or the messenger keeps me away from those venues, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m posting this just for UW...

277 Wolverine!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I don't think it was so much that H was bashing the Grendel as much as he was pointing out that many of the comparisons between the Grendel and SPC that put a halo around the Grendel were faulty. He actually sells Grendel barrels. For most shooters, the difference between the rounds in inconsequential, but for those that are pushing the envelope with handloads you can actually do more with the 6.8 than the Grendel fanbois care to admit. Performance is a bit academic, though, as both will kill deer and hogs. The feeding geometry does favor the 6.8 a bit, though. Full disclosure: I'm totally in the 6.8 camp. Personally, I lost interest in the Grendel for the same reason I never tried snowboarding: I didn't want to be associated with that crowd. The fact that certain forums will block the sharing of information because someone didn't like the truth or the messenger keeps me away from those venues, too.
    Lol.. I hear ya silently bashing on grendel in there..lol
    I’m a reloader and have studied many different rounds to an end and am intriqued by the grendel and 6.8 don’t care about whoever’s camp anymore.. If you know what I’m saying.. I see the 6.8 appeal but much also the selection of 6.5 bullets and cheap plinking ammo- wolf- has me torn to the grendel..and always wanted too..idk for sure yet..another thread I suppose..

Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I’m posting this just for UW...

277 Wolverine!!!
    You still shooting the 277 ?
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 22 January 2020 at 23:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No I haven’t had a barrel for it in years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Medic came out of hiding..

Ya I just learned that speaking of his barrels will about get you banned on a few forums.. lol..he must of really ruffled some feathers..lo

Thanks for the feedback guys..

It’s a flawed design. The rim size is too large for a AR15 bolt. Broken bolts and split extensions were normal with the original good performing loads. Gutted the round to keep pressure low enough to prevent breaking the bolts due to the oversized bolt face pocket and the rest is history. A underperforming SAAMI approved round.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info..I hear ya what your saying...might save the 6.5 idea for a creedmoor or 260