Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First run of Mod 3 Scout Mounts now available!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mr Trusty,

I really don't want to buy mounts for all my Scout Lights, so I guess I'll start with just 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really wanted a Gear Sector Mod 3, but settle for a Mod 2 to help Rainier clear out their inventory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I really wanted a Gear Sector Mod 3, but settle for a Mod 2 to help Rainier clear out their inventory.
    You're a good man. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    This Mod 2 is my first Gear Sector light mount. I own the foregrip, sling mounts, and plates. So far I'm very pleased where it positions the light on my rifle. I'm sure the Mod 3 offers the improvements that are listed, but if anyone finds a closeout sale on a Mod 2, don't hesitate to buy one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just like their Mod 3 mounts for Scout Lights, Gear Sector's Surefire X-Series® Offset Flashlight Mount Black - Mod 3 now available! Checkout Gear Sector for more information and ordering.

DESCRIPTION

The Patented [US Patent No. D684,647] Gear Sector™ offset flashlight mount was designed to provide a low profile, ergonomic solution for attaching a weapon light to a Picatinny rail. We designed the mount to fit perfectly flush with the Tango Down® rail panels for an uninterrupted rail space. This model fits the Surefire X-Series® lights. It can also be used to offset iron sights and MRDs. It comes complete with all mounting hardware, screws, hex keys, and Vibra-Tite® to make installation fast and easy. Mod 3 components feature an 1144 StressProof® heat treated full width steel index.

Fits the following lights:
    Surefire X300®
    Surefire X300® Ultra
    Surefire X400®
    Surefire X400® Ultra
    Streamlight TLR-1®
    Streamlight TLR-2®
    Streamlight TLR-3®
    Streamlight TLR-4®
    Streamlight TLR-VIR®

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love Jason's stuff, it's all over my SBR (recently ditched the AFG for his stubby and handstop, much much better!).

I would love to see this mod3 be able to extend forward to kill any possibly interference with some front sights (like my MBUS)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love Jason's stuff, it's all over my SBR (recently ditched the AFG for his stubby and handstop, much much better!).

Thanks brother.

I would love to see this mod3 be able to extend forward to kill any possibly interference with some front sights (like my MBUS)
    Better to offset the front sight and mount than to produce a weaker part. Trust me, long before our current line of products hit the market several years ago, our initial design was very close to the current IWC / Haley offerings. However, they simply could not stand up to our destructive testing. The mounts would bend / fail when drop tested. That said, we stayed at it until we produced the mounts you see today. They will survive long after the light fails.

I explained to Earl / IWC what we had discovered through our destructive testing some time before they released theirs to market. Still not sure how or if he addressed it. But I am not comfortable releasing a product to market that can't sustain the abuses it is certainly going to experience with the clients we serve.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JTrusty View Post
    Better to offset the front sight and mount than to produce a weaker part. Trust me, long before our current line of products hit the market several years ago, our initial design was very close to the current IWC / Haley offerings. However, they simply could not stand up to our destructive testing. The mounts would bend / fail when drop tested. That said, we stayed at it until we produced the mounts you see today. They will survive long after the light fails.

I explained to Earl / IWC what we had discovered through our destructive testing some time before they released theirs to market. Still not sure how or if he addressed it. But I am not comfortable releasing a product to market that can't sustain the abuses it is certainly going to experience with the clients we serve.

And that's why your product is on my ride!

Was more thinking out loud. I did have an idea a while back involving various single 123 led heads and tailcaps but scratched it.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Following with the rest of the Gear Sector Line, their Surefire 6P® Offset Flashlight Mount Black - Mod 3 are now available. Check out Gear Sector for more information and ordering.

DESCRIPTION

The Patented [US Patent No. D644,706] Gear Sector™ offset flashlight mount was designed to provide a low profile, ergonomic solution for attaching a weapon light to a Picatinny rail. We designed the mount to fit perfectly flush with the Tango Down® rail panels for an uninterrupted rail space. This model fits the Surefire 6P® series lights as well as all 1” bodied lights. It comes complete with all mounting hardware, screws, hex keys, and Vibra-Tite® to make installation fast and easy. Mod 3 components feature a 25% reduction in weight as well as an 1144 StressProof® heat treated full width steel index.

Fits the following lights:
    Elzetta ZFL-60
    Surefire 6P®
    Surefire 6P® LED
    Surefire 6PX® Pro
    Surefire 6PX® Tactical
    Surefire 9P®
    Surefire G2X® Pro
    Surefire G2X® Tactical
    Surefire P2X Fury®
    Surefire P2X Fury® Defender®
    Surefire P2X Fury® Tactical

MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION

The Surefire 6P® Offset Flashlight Mount is constructed using multiple base materials and is precision CNC machined from billet stock. Material and finish processes are outlined below:
    Base Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
    Base Finish: Military Specification ( MIL-A-8625F ) Type III, Class II Hard Coat
    Index Material: 1144 StressProof® heat treated steel
    Index Finish: Nitrocarburising by Nitrotec®
    Weight: 1.12 ozs.
    Compliance: 100% Berry Amendment Compliant
    Origin: Proudly Made in the USA

Downloads
    Uploads
    JTrusty how about one with the WEVO logo engraved on it?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it possible to see a photo, of an X300 (or equivalent) on the Surefire X-Series® Offset Flashlight Mount, installed at 12 o'clock?

I like to be able to easily activate my light with my support hand, irrelevant of which shoulder I'm shooting from. Right now, an X300 mounted at 9 o'clock or 12 o'clock has been my solution, but I like the concept of an offset mount better. So, a photo would be the next best thing to actually holding one; it would be even better if the handguard is a smooth tube like a Troy VTAC, a CMR, or any of the new ones coming out.

Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, looks like I might buy a Gen 3 after-all. The Gen 2 I have won't fit my rail on the sides because I run a narrow rail and there is not any room for the mount to "rock" on. Is the Gen 3 more accommodating of slender rails?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Well, looks like I might buy a Gen 3 after-all. The Gen 2 I have won't fit my rail on the sides because I run a narrow rail and there is not any room for the mount to "rock" on. Is the Gen 3 more accommodating of slender rails?
    Mr Gifford, if I may ask, what rail system are you running that is too narrow? We have only run into this once before, and we have made adjustments to account for it on Mod 3 parts. Feel free to complete a returns form on our website and send in your Mod 2 unit and I will replace it for you with a Mod 3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    mr jtrusty: any idea of when the mod 3 scout light mounts will be back in stock? i have been waiting for over a month for restock....