View Poll Results: Which BCG would you pick?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Umbrella Corporation Bolt Carrier Group Gen2

11 23.40%
  • Sharps Relia-Bolt & Carrier

5 10.64%
  • BCM

31 65.96%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    You are too quick! wrong account! lol

If you decide to give our products a try, we have your back. We offer a no B.S. lifetime warranty against defects. We stand behind our gear, and more importantly our customers, 100%.
    I only recently saw your new nitride BCG for the first time and I'm sure it will end up in a project soon. For a manufacturer to stand behind a hard use item like a Bolt is incredible!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I only recently saw your new nitride BCG for the first time and I'm sure it will end up in a project soon. For a manufacturer to stand behind a hard use item like a Bolt is incredible!
    If the bolt snaps because of a defect, we will replace it no questions asked.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
    Understood. But so far flawless on mine.
    I bought several. One or two, I sold after verifying that it would headspace. Three I gave to friends. One peened. Two ran great. Really a hit/miss thing, but if yours is G2G, it's a great BCG.

Personally, I am looking very hard at Azimuth if mil-spec is not on the menu.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fathom_Arms View Post
    If you decide to give our products a try, we have your back. We offer a no B.S. lifetime warranty against defects. We stand behind our gear, and more importantly our customers, 100%.
    RCA said almost the exact same thing, but did you ever call them to ask them to make good on it? Jeez...

Definitely not saying you or your company is like that, and I am pretty sure you are not, given who Azimuth supplies.

My questions: What kind of surface finish is on an Azimuth enhanced BCG? Is the thing slick like a JP, or are there little machine ridges, etc.? Maybe expecting hand-polished slick for the price-point is a bit much, but I'm curious.

Also, other than the obvious dimensional changes, what has been altered from a typical BCG design?

I like what I term "the sand cut".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    RCA said almost the exact same thing, but did you ever call them to ask them to make good on it? Jeez...

Definitely not saying you or your company is like that, and I am pretty sure you are not, given who Azimuth supplies.

My questions: What kind of surface finish is on an Azimuth enhanced BCG? Is the thing slick like a JP, or are there little machine ridges, etc.? Maybe expecting hand-polished slick for the price-point is a bit much, but I'm curious.

Also, other than the obvious dimensional changes, what has been altered from a typical BCG design?

I like what I term "the sand cut".
    I can't speak for RCA. But, as stated before, if there is a defect with our gear we will cover it. There is definitely trust on both sides of the coin.

Hand polishing is not done. Adding to what you touched on, we hit a price point thats the same as some standard phosphate BCGs. The machining work is top notch and any machining marks are already at a bare minimum. What we have is a very functional BCG that looks great as well.

Here is some info on BCG. If you would like specs, I can list those too, but the specs are also on our website. We have reviews coming in by Chris Tran, Modern Arms, and hopefully another avenue that we are keeping under wraps for now. In my signature there is also reviews of our standard BCG and our URG. Give them a look as well.

The enhanced bolt carrier is designed to reduce carrier tilt/cant during recoil and increasing reliability by strategically relocating key bearing surfaces. The enhanced carrier has fewer points of contact resulting in less friction area and the slight increase in carrier mass extends dwell time and ensures proper gas pressures for reliable extraction. Carrier bearing surfaces are ground after heat treatment to ensure proper and unaltered tolerances. Every single BCG is also hand debuted then tumbled. The bolt home in the carrier is honed after heat treating as well, to both ensure proper tolerances and smooth movement and to also remove any sharp edges caused by the cam path milling. Every single portion and of the BCG is held beyond Mil-Spec tolerances.

The Bolt is “true” Mil-Spec dimension and external surfaces are CNC ground after heat treat for a precision fit. The bolt bearing surfaces are ground after heat treating to ensure proper and unaltered tolerances.

Here a few pics of the BCG to see the surface finish. The last photo is to show logo placement through the port.

Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im normally a NiB guy but that nitride finish does look slick. Spade logo is a nice touch. I do focus mainly on function but I bet this would look great in a burnt bronze upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a bad case of over cleaning and lubing my BCG's, so on my last build I tried a NIB coated one. While it is easier to clean and needs less lube I am going back to phosphate coated ones. For my preference I like how the phosphate ones hold the lube in place better.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I have a bad case of over cleaning and lubing my BCG's, so on my last build I tried a NIB coated one. While it is easier to clean and needs less lube I am going back to phosphate coated ones. For my preference I like how the phosphate ones hold the lube in place better.
    When I first started using NiB I lubed that sucker up like I normally would. Needless to say I soon found out every where oil can come out of an AR. But no issues after several hundred rounds and they say thats how it's supose to work I guess.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your probably correct, but old habits are hard to break.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only "coated" bcg I've had was one of the BCM ionbonded. The next one I buy will be the Fathom Arms for sure, those suckers are beautiful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I'm in the middle, here. I DO like running things wet, but also realize that the only contact surfaces of a BCG will not retain oil when it's running best.

What I mean is, you have the "skids" and gas-key surfaces. The rest? It's just oil sitting there doing nada except making it easy to wipe the carrier off. Those skids quickly wear down the phosphate layer to bare steel if you shoot even a little bit, and the carrier movement gets slicker and it runs better, in my experience.

So...soaking even a phosphate BCG in oil past the break-in period is kindof pointless, in my opinion, based on "the numbers".

I have shot with other QPQ bcg's, and they flat-out run. Very slick.

My main question is...hardness. How does the extra hardness of the bolt affect the barrel extension? I know a mil-spec BCG has very tightly controlled/spec'ed RC levels on pretty much every surface, and at every depth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So, after all this... what BCG did you go with?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I picked the UCWRG BCG for this build, though I'll get a Fathom BCG next for our pistol.

My New Build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I went with...
    The ones in my guns. Daniel defense and soon Hodge Defense. I can't share specs for the Hodge gun until they are public and it's released. I'm planning to replace the dd bcg with a Fathom bcg soon though.

Good to see the umbrella getting some love!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This Hodge AU-MOD 2 is getting more hype than Downton Abbey.
    flickr
    facebook