Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Question for the veterans: I notice my bullet seater puts a ring halfway down the bullet. Dillon die. What can I do to prevent this?
    Is the tip deforming? I had some seating rings on a recent load. At first I thought the problem was because I was using flat base buckets, but then I added a little extra chamfer to the brass and they seated beautifully.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of my best to date... both 100yds, 10rds, scoped, benched, bagged front and rear.... both rifles ..upper receiver face trued, barrel Loctited in place, Agj GB's, heavy buffers and Tubbs .308 Flatwire recoil springs, SSA-E trigger.

Both groups from a freshly cleaned barrel.

.308 is the first photo..., 10rds, Hornady Amer. Gunner 155gr, PSA upper and lower, FN CHF CL barreled.

Second photo, 6.5CM Hornady AG 140gr, PSA upper and lower, 22" Criterion barreled.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beautiful groups.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Darn nice shootin' fellas! I can't wait to get out and take a turn.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    16" 6.8 SPC AR15Performance Scout barrel with factory 110 gr S&B FMJ.

This picture/group is a few years old and I'm pretty sure I've done better with the Federal XM68GD 90gr Gold Dots and about the same with the 115gr Fusions. I haven't really worked up a hand load for my 6.8 and now have a 12.5" ARP that I probably only have ~100 rounds through so really haven't put it through it's paces yet. I just put a new Vortex Razor HD LH on my 16" 6.8 so hopefully I'll make some progress on 6.8 load development this year.

I hold the ARP barrels to be one of the best values in the AR barrel world. It's also why I refuse to create an account an TOS as they'll ban you for even mentioning the name of the company because they value power trips and holding a grudge more than educating the community and the truth.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope...doesn’t count..it’s an old group..we need recent..lol..just playing..

Good group none the less

With this awesome weather we’re having not sure I’m gonna make it out Thursday ( only open then for non members) as I had planned..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m testing another LPVO, this time it’s a 1-8 Strike Eagle. Played hooky from work since it was 80 degrees out

I wanted to use the Strike Eagle and factory ammo (CBC/Magtech 77gr OTM) with my Ultramatch barrel to see what someone could do with off the shelf components. My groups opened up a tad at 200 and 300 but it’s definitely capable of putting rounds where you want them.

Name:  E2747303-394D-498C-91C9-80558B2B6AC0.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  1.03 MB

Name:  F0432902-C3CC-4CDC-BA03-3EB289D6AD92.jpeg
Views: 354
Size:  485.9 KB

When I finish the review I’ll post it here for sure. Probably tonight

Downloads
    Uploads

Show your 10 shot groups

Using Former11B’s RL 10x formula with 55gr bob’s bullets.

20*. No wind. 7500’ elev. Brand new ultramatch 20” barrel (thanks to Rainier coupon code). I hope it settles down. Or I’m growing worse as a shooter. :)

Last edited by fledge; 23 February 2019 at 18:01.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh...Brand new barrel and new load..

Get some lead down that thing and tweak that recipe some and I’ll bet those groups shrink quite a bit

That and when it warms up it could shoot somewhat different..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Ahh...Brand new barrel and new load..

Get some lead down that thing and tweak that recipe some and I’ll bet those groups shrink quite a bit

That and when it warms up it could shoot somewhat different..
    Roger that. It hated the MEN M193 ammo I used which normally shoots well for me. Never thought when I started reloading that I’d need a summer and winter load.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger that. It hated the MEN M193 ammo I used which normally shoots well for me. Never thought when I started reloading that I’d need a summer and winter load.
    I’m not the holy grail to listen to but some powders definitely show you different signs in different temps..more so if your loads are on the edge or over to the book..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Took the new barrel out last night

100 yards, 10 shots, 20" Rainier Arms Ultramatch Mod2 .223 Wylde, IMI 77gr. The grids are 1" x 1"

I'll let you be the judge on if the flyer represents the barrel or the shooter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking group..

Is that the new barrel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Using Former11B’s RL 10x formula with 55gr bob’s bullets.

20*. No wind. 7500’ elev. Brand new ultramatch 20” barrel (thanks to Rainier coupon code). I hope it settles down. Or I’m growing worse as a shooter. :)

1.35 MOA is awesome for 55gr FMJs!

Use the same amount of RE10x and some 52gr SMKs and the group will probably be less than half that size