Thread: Good Shooting.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Shooting.

I have found that shooting for tight groups off of my bi pod at the gun club has been very inconsistent.... 2 days ago i was there and let a buddy of mine who does not shoot AR's take a spin with mine. He rested his hand on the bench and put down a tighter group than mine. How embarrassing! Anyway... I am capable of shooting very nice sub MOA groups at the 2 and 300 yard ranges it is just that i am not able to do it consistently. So........

I tried his method except i held the left side of the bipod with my left hand and!!! amazingly was able to shoot great groups over and over again. I wonder why having my hand up on the hand guard does to foil me? I like having my hand on the guard and will try next time to keep it up there but try to relax it completely.

Out side of trigger pull and good ammo and barrels that are to expensive, do any of you have any good tips for consistency regarding really good shooting? In the years or short time for the naturals here, what do you think are a few tips for sub MOA groups over and over?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if you are interested, I can email you a copy of :

FM 3-22.9(FM23-9)
    RIFLE MARKSMANSHIP
    M16A1, M16A2/3, M16A4,
    AND M4 CARBINE

PREFACE
    This manual provides guidance for planning and executing training on the 5.56-mm
    M16-series rifle (M16A1/A2/A3/A4) and M4 carbine. It is a guide for commanders,
    leaders, and instructors to develop training programs, plans, and lessons that meet the
    objectives or intent of the United States Army rifle marksmanship program and
    FM 25-100 (Training the Force).

This manual is organized to lead the trainer through the material needed to conduct
    training during initial entry training (IET) and unit sustainment training. Preliminary
    subjects include discussion on the weapons’ capabilities, mechanical training, and the
    fundamentals and principles of rifle marksmanship. Live-fire applications are scheduled
    after the soldier has demonstrated preliminary skills.

FM23-9 might have some useful basic marksmanship info to get you started. Just IM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.

Quib