Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Official Fisher House Charity Project

Akersc, Computalotapus, and the staff of Weapon Evolution (WEVO) are proud to announce the launch of the Fisher House Charity Project.

A description of the Fisher House for those who are unfamiliar with this charitable organization:

“The Fisher House Foundation is best known for a network of comfort homes where military and veterans’ families can stay at no cost while a loved one is receiving treatment.”
    • Families served: More than 22,000 in 2013
    • Daily capacity: 832 families
    • Families served: More than 220,000 since inception
    • Number of lodging days offered: Over 5.2 million
    • 7,000 students have received $11,000,000 in scholarship awards
    • Over 46,000 airline tickets provided by Hero Miles to service members and their families, worth nearly $73 million
    For more information on FISHER HOUSE FOUNDATION visit: www.fisherhouse.org

This project was painstakingly envisioned and created by WEVO members akersc and Computalotapus to benefit this wonderful charity to help our nation's wounded veterans and their families while affording the opportunity for the donors to win several fantastic prizes themselves donated by extremely generous members of the firearms and related industries.

The way to donate (and enter the drawing) is very simple! To enter the drawing, you must donate to the Fisher House Project through PistolPay, the link taking you to the Project's PistolPay page: https://www.pistolpay.com/Transaction/fhraffle. The "Donate Now" button will take you to PistolPay. Note, you will need to start a PistolPay account to proceed.

For every $10 donated using the "Donate Now" button, you will get one entry for the prizes listed, below. You can donate any amount you wish; you will receive one entry to the drawing per $10 donation, e.g. you will receive two drawing entries with a $20 donation; three with a $30 donation, etc. Please note, there will be no limit to the amount of donations you can make and all of the money raised will go directly to the Fisher House Foundation, a 501(c)3 Non-Profit, and is tax deductible.

Updates to the Project will also be announced on WEVO and akersc's Instagram (IG) page, @chivegoddess, so check in periodically. This Project will run until October 15, 2014. The prize winners will be determined using the website random.org and announced on this thread and @chivegoddess on IG after October 18, 2014.

Once the prize distribution starts, winners will be given 48 hours to respond. Failure to respond will lead to the prize being passed to the next person. The prizes will be distributed in the order they are picked. We implore you not to hound akersc, Computalotapus, and/or the WEVO staff asking "where is my prize." If you won and exchanged contact with akersc, you will receive your prize.

Legal considerations: for firearms, knives, and/or ITAR-restricted prizes, you must be a resident of the U.S. Non-U.S. residents will only be eligible for non-controlled prizes. We don't want to violate any ITAR restrictions. You must be legally able to own any firearm, knife, magazine, and/or ammunition pursuant to your local and/or state laws. We will not allow to be shipped any prize you cannot legally own. If you win a firearms prize, you will need to provide the name and address of your Federal Firearms Licensed dealer who will receive and transfer the firearm to you.

The prizes to be drawn include:

PRIZE #1 -AR15 Rifle – Donated by Four Guys Guns (VALUE: $3,950.00)

- Photograph courtesy of Triple Bravo

The Charity Rifle from FourGuysGuns was sponsored by several great companies for this specific reason, to promote awareness and help provide for charity.

The sponsors for the Four Guys Guns rifle includes:
    • FourGuysGuns
    • Aimpoint
    • 2VetsArms
    • Monkee Ranch Arms
    • Mission First Tactical
    • Ümlaut Industries
    • Ares Armor
    • 556 Tactical
    • Samson Manufacturing

PRIZE #2 -$4,000 Gift Certificate for Custom 1911 Pistol – Donated by Vayser Arms

- Photograph courtesy of Computalotapus

PRIZE #3 -DMO Breacher Knife – Donated by DMO Knives (VALUE: $350)

- Photograph courtesy of Computalotapus

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES
    1. 500 Round 223 Ammo & 5- 30 Round H&K Magazines - Donated by Jason Koons
    Note: Residents of states that forbid ownership and/or transfer of 30-round magazines will not receive the magazines; they will still be able to get the ammunition; the magazines will be re-drawn in that event.
    2. OSWAT Boots - Donated by Original Swat
    3. Lower Receiver - Donated by SawTac
    4. Custom Pistol Holster & Magazine Pouch - Donated by BattleHolsters
    5. Custom Pistol Holster & Magazine Pouch - Donated by Armordillo Concealment
    6. 8 x ICE Training Videos & Leo Ejection Port Covers - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus) & LEO Armory
    7. Rife Bag & LEO Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Nemo Arms & LEO Armory
    8. Ares Armor Prize Pack, Upper Receiver, Ambi Safety Selector, Muzzle Device, Sling - Donated by Ares Armor
    9. 2 x Bastion Power Banks, Slap Pack, Key Chain, Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Gunstruction & LEO Armory
    10. SopMod Stock FDE Mil-Spec & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by B5 Systems & LEO Armory
    11. Panty Dropper Fight Soap, Slap Pack & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by SlimJim234 & LEO Armory
    12. Magpul ASAP, Sling & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Black Label Armament & LEO Armory
    13. Lower Receiver, Trigger Guard, Linear Compensator - Donated by SawTac
    14. Sound of Madness Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Rifenbark Armory & LEO Armory
    15. Loudner Muzzle Device & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by Snakehound Machine & LEO Armory
    16. 6 fl oz Breakthrough Clean, Ejection Port Cover & ICE Training book - Donated by Breakthrough Clean, LEO Armory & ICE Training (Rob Pincus)
    17. Glock Sights, Glock OWB Holster & Training Book - Donated by ICE Training (Rob Pincus)
    18. 2 x Patch Whore Packs & Ejection Port Cover - Donated by:
    • Gunstruction
    • TacRabbit
    • Last Ditch Effort Gear
    • Dragonfire Armory
    • Blacksheep Warrior
    • Ares Armor
    • LEO Armory

19. Variety of Mens & Womens Shirts, Hats & Keychains - Donated by:
    • Nemo Arms
    • Dakota Tactical
    • Black Label Armament
    • Blacksheep Warrior
    • TacRabbit
    • Neuse River Tactical
    • Iron Hammer Armory
    • Harris Tactical
    • Dragonfire Armory
    • Last Ditch Effort Gear
    • SpartanTC

Please feel free to post a link to this thread on your individual IG and/or Facebook page.

Good luck, and thank you for supporting a great cause!

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is really awesome of you folks to do. Comp, Akersc and staff well done. Will donate when I can. This right here is why I enjoy being a part of this forum over others. Cheers to you.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your support camomike...all thanks go to Computalotapus, akersc, and the various donors and sponsors...they are all the rock stars here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Purchased 2 tickets, thank you. Some good prizes in there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forget the prizes, this is a great cause. I'll try and donate several times as funds allow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was not trying to mean that it was not a good cause, merely that the donors were very generous by throwing in some quality stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Forget the prizes, this is a great cause. I'll try and donate several times as funds allow.
    This was not aimed at you velocity2006. I think it's great that these vendors/individuals are giving away things to support the cause, and I can understand wanting to win them. However without sounding corny donations to our vets is a gift in itself, it should be done without the prospect of winning something. Sorry personal pet peeve.

Not trying to take anything away from the Fisher House, so please donate to them first, but another GREAT charity is the WWP . I have a close friend who has been helped from the contributions of the WWP, so I also donate often to them.
    Last edited by DutyUse; 19 September 2014 at 23:45. Reason: bad link

Downloads
    Uploads
    The wife has put countless hours into this project. She is the one that has done all the hard work talking to all the vendors to get the contributions for this fundraiser. We believe that Fisher House is a truly amazing foundation that goes above and beyond helping our troops and their families, they are true heroes to our Nation's heroes. We looked at other charities and felt that Fisher House lead the way with using 94.7% of the money actually being used for the cause. As a donor you have the responsibility to make sure that your money is doing the most for the people it is going to help. Use sites like http://www.charitynavigator.org/ and compare your charities to others and see how they are spending the money you donate to them. We feel that FHF has the cause as their main focus and the money is being used for the cause.

If you can donate we greatly appreciate your donation if you can't we understand but please pass the fundraise information to as many people as you can, friends, family, local businesses, other forums you may be a member of. The more we get this out there the more we can raise to help support our troops and their families.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone for the kind words. This all started with the first Stickman giveaway when I won the Raptor. From there it grew to the Army Chief Fundraiser and now to this. I have had so many amazing people help me through this and have made some even more amazing friends. This industry right here knows how to take care of their own and make one feel like part of the family. John (RA) opened up his heart and arms to me and I am forever grateful. He offered up his team of remarkable individuals, including Uwone77. I had help from Triple Bravo and many many others. They will all always hold a spot in this girls heart and I hope one day to shake their hands. So if you can donate to this amazing charity that would be awesome, no donation is too small. Thank you all again and LETS GO MAKE MAGIC HAPPEN, for those who are most deserving. ~Christina a.k.a Mrs Compufabulous 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    The wife has put countless hours into this project. She is the one that has done all the hard work talking to all the vendors to get the contributions for this fundraiser. We believe that Fisher House is a truly amazing foundation that goes above and beyond helping our troops and their families, they are true heroes to our Nation's heroes. We looked at other charities and felt that Fisher House lead the way with using 94.7% of the money actually being used for the cause. As a donor you have the responsibility to make sure that your money is doing the most for the people it is going to help. Use sites like http://www.charitynavigator.org/ and compare your charities to others and see how they are spending the money you donate to them. We feel that FHF has the cause as their main focus and the money is being used for the cause.

If you can donate we greatly appreciate your donation if you can't we understand but please pass the fundraise information to as many people as you can, friends, family, local businesses, other forums you may be a member of. The more we get this out there the more we can raise to help support our troops and their families.
    Don't think I forgot about you. You sir have been my rock through this entire project. You encouraged me when I felt like giving up. You are awesome! **SPOILER ALERT, it's about to get smushy**. I love you Mister to Infinity and Beyond 😘

Downloads
    Uploads
    ....what Computer-octopus guy said.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I hope I'm not over stepping, but I sent this charity giveaway information to a couple of veterans who are YouTube personalities in the attempt to spread the word to their subs, and to a few companies I also know to be veteran run manufacturers/vendors. Computalotapus, Akersc and browcs are doing a noble thing here and I hope the hordes of people coming over from the Stick giveaway will all consider donations, however small.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    I hope I'm not over stepping, but I sent this charity giveaway information to a couple of veterans who are YouTube personalities in the attempt to spread the word to their subs, and to a few companies I also know to be veteran run manufacturers/vendors. Computalotapus, Akersc and browcs are doing a noble thing here and I hope the hordes of people coming over from the Stick giveaway will all consider donations, however small.
    No way are you overstepping! I really appreciate all of your kind words and help. I hope we can get more people to donate and pass this on. This is such an amazing charity to give to. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. ☺️

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is anyone else having a problem donating? Everytime I try to donate it will let me see my Pistol Pay account but says there's an error with the link.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem donating? Everytime I try to donate it will let me see my Pistol Pay account but says there's an error with the link.

We had this problem last time ended up that people were not confirming their pistol pay account. Did you click the link in the email you received to confirm your pistol pay account?
    Just a regular guy.