Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this an upgraded pro?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Is this an upgraded pro?
    No,

Doesn't come with covers, or a QRP Mount. Looks like their C3 Offering. Battery life is also 1 year continuous.

MAP $393, so I'm guessing the street Price is $350 or less from the usual dealers offering Aimpoints on Sale all of the time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint Launces New Carbine Optic

Wow that's a great price for an Aimpoint. Even if it doesn't have as many features

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a mix between a Pro and a Comp M4......kinda
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a feeling it will be about just $300 north. As we can get the PRO for $350-370 when they are on sale.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
    I have a feeling it will be about just $300 north. As we can get the PRO for $350-370 when they are on sale.
    I was thinking the same thing. There must be some differences seeing as how the Pro is still a great choice. I always kinda considered the Pro to be their entry level optic anyway. Curious to see more specs on this.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder why they opted for the 1/3n battery?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet we will be able to find this Around 275-300. I am actually really excited about the new T2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. There must be some differences seeing as how the Pro is still a great choice. I always kinda considered the Pro to be their entry level optic anyway. Curious to see more specs on this.
    Personally I feel like they took the Pro and made it worse. No caps, shorter battery life and a lower quality mount. I thought the pro was a very good choice. This one, i'm not sure about.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not really a fan of a neutered Aimpoint optic. Word from an Aimpoint dealer on another site is that the PRO is going up in price next year. So, if you were considering purchasing a PRO, do so before the end of the year.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll definitely be picking up a couple pros before the price goes up. Profit margin obviously wasn't where they needed it to be so they decided to come out with something they could sell in the PRO price point and bump up cost on the PRO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After this comes out the Pro price may drop. Vortex just came out with their Strikefire II and I think Aimpoint may be trying to get closer to that price range for buyer competition. The Strikefire II has a retail price of $239 but, it is a 4MOA sight rather than a 2MOA sight though. That certainly changes with their flip to side 3x magnifier but, adds another $400 to the optic package. I think Aimpoint may have a winner with this one for the commercial market and keeping the price low enough to not break the bank in today's tight economic situation.

On a side note and slightly off point is that the Gunstruction rifle I won comes with the entire Vortex package so, I'm curious (if not a bit anxious) for it to get here and go test the optics. I'll write a review of them here after I get it then get it out to shoot it! Using the Vortex package as well as the Phase 5 receiver set was a design requirement for creating designs to enter into the competition.
    Last edited by WHSmithIV; 19 October 2014 at 13:13.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In stock at Optics Planet for $393. Looks like Aimpoint has raised rather than drop the prices.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/aimpoint...dot-sight.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa