Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for a barrel

I'm trying to find a 14.5in middy with FSB installed. Trying to stay around $200. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tom

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any number of places can properly pin a FSB for you.

14.5 middies with a FSB aren't too common.

Aero has a 16 mid

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/556-16-...mv-barrel.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Any number of places can properly pin a FSB for you.

14.5 middies with a FSB aren't too common.

Aero has a 16 mid

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/556-16-...mv-barrel.html
    Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards. I came across the16" AP and BA has one as well available at Aim Surplus for $180.

Everywhere I find a 14.5 middy they are sold out.

I was thinking at one time BA had an option to add a FSB for $60 when buying a barrel.

"And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    BA still offers the fsb option , here’s their 14.7 LW barrel in stock

https://ballisticadvantage.com/14-7-...rn-barrel.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    TNTE has a few 14.5" mid lengths with FSBs.

Faxon also has a 14.5" GUNNER profile that I had my local shop pin a FSB on. Both links have the barrels in stock.

ETA: fix links

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve seen some problems with BA barrels recently, accuracy issues as well as bad batches. Kept me out of a group buy 3-4 months ago

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well after some more thinking I'm goin with a 16in. I want to be able to run a suppressor with it one day and don't want to have to be stuck with a certain brand. Especially when I really haven't decided what brand suppressor I'm getting.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I lean towards 16's more than 14.5' nowadays. Easier to swap muzzle devices unless you decide to ultimately run a 14.5 on an SBR lower. Either way the 1.5" won't make much of a difference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske has one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Noveske has one.
    But not for $200

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry... Read right over that part. Try ballistic advantage. If you buy directly from them you can get a pinned fsb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just checked the BA web site and they don't have a 14.5 in stock. They do have a 14.7 pencil profile with the option of a fsb. It would be right at $200.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found a complete upper with bcg and ch for 380. It's an AP. And use I may go that route and tear it down re use parts where I can.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok just looked at emails and Aim has an AP assembled upper minus bcg/ch for 299 free ship. Or I can get a barrel with fsb for 180.

The one with bcg/ch that I mentioned before is sold out. So I'm thinking the assembled upper is more cost efficient as I would then just replace the Magpul handguard.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...XAPAR502505M65

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so scratched plans A through E and skip a few and landed up at Plan W.

Found a guy selling an upper without BCG/CH that has a BCM barrel with FSB installed and a Centurion Arms C4 mid cutout rail. Snatched it up for $425.

This works out best cause that's the rail I was going to get for the upper. And comes with troy rear sight as well.

Instagram- @tomcheaney9