Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Personal opinion: no. The MRO will serve your needs. Used ones are listed higher than this.
    Questions that may or not may help Alamo, but I'm curious to the answer...

1. Does the MRO handle magnifiers well? One reason why I think the T2 can be worth the price is because of how good the dot looks under magnification with any kind of astigmatism. I never heard if the MRO had similar characteristics.

2. When I've looked through an MRO, the slight magnification was distracting, along with the tint. But I never shot with a MRO. Do you find the tint/mag to go away when actually shooting? The same can be said for a RMR RM06, but when I'm busy actually shooting a pistol with one, the mag all but goes away and the tint is barely noticeable (or maybe it's the other way around, but you get the point).

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT, no sarcasm intended. Just curious if you had a source since that MRO price is rock bottom for Alamo’s purposes. I can’t find any new T1 or T2 in the ballpark. You can practically buy 2 MROs for a T2s. I’d recommend it to any family or friend to jump on it at that price now!

Gator, I’ve no idea. I know the T2 fixed the magnifier problem of the T1s. But magnifiers don’t make sense to me and are an older solution. Bulky and low magnification. A Steiner P4Xi 1-4 is a better solution IMO and is in the $400 range.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Aimpoint has the Comp M5s now too, just gotta find out who has it available for sale. But its pricey
    I think, not sure, but think I saw the M5 also on sale, but I can't remember if it was PA, or Optic's planet that had it. OP might do a search real quick if they're knocking off a good size chunk of cash. I don't think all models of RDS's were on sale, but if that MRO is what he has in his heart, I'd take a quick look, anyway.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I wouldn’t take it too seriously or personal. People are emotionally tied to their gear and purchases. Buy what works for you.
    Well, UW, in that case let me come rummage through your stuff. I'm sure you wouldn't take it personally if I picked up a thing or two, and took it home with me?

Obviously kidding. I like certain stuff, and others like other stuff, but I don't take it personally if they dis my stuff, if they can explain why, and show me a better way.

It's all good. Also, my ex is gone. I've paid off child support, then college tuitions, student loans and they are adults now. With that said, I notice a little bit of extra money in the till. To bad I had to wait until I was too old to do anything cool with it.

All is good.
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    But magnifiers don’t make sense to me and are an older solution. Bulky and low magnification. A Steiner P4Xi 1-4 is a better solution IMO and is in the $400 range.
    The beauty of this sport is that we can agree to disagree, despite what others may decree from on-high, based on individual usage. But I appreciate your candor in answering the question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    The beauty of this sport is that we can agree to disagree, despite what others may decree from on-high, based on individual usage. But I appreciate your candor in answering the question.
    Damn Gator, you screwed everything up and made us all sound like nice guys. You former squids screw everything up.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    On-high. Haha. Yet the magnifiers look good in Stick’s pics for the clonish experience.

Based on Alamo’s OP, I don’t think he’d be interested in a 3x magnifier. Then again, if he manages to extend this into a dozen more pages he may end up with one!

Downloads
    Uploads
    On-high. Haha. Yet the magnifiers look good in Stick’s pics for the clonish experience.

Based on Alamo’s OP, I don’t think he’d be interested in a 3x magnifier. Then again, if he manages to extend this into a dozen more pages he may end up with one!
    The only thing I question, is buying a RDS and then spending a small fortune for a magnifier. Hell, if you're going to do all of that, why not go with a 1X4 or 6 or etc. scope? My instincts are if you buy a magnifier, you want to see a long ways, so why not buy a Vortex or other variable, depending what your budget is? That, a QD mount and some BUIS and you're covered for a lot of situations. You don't have to buy a $1500 Vortex, there are many good quality scopes and mounts that would serve you well for half of that.

Oh well, I hope whatever you do, it works out great for you.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hahaha! I don't know about magnifiers but one thing that is an option for much later on is NV.

I will either get some kind of NV set up or I can possibly borrow one for.pig hunting.

While right now a T2 might be a bit of overkill unless something drastic happen I will eventually branch out to other fun things like pig blasting in the dark.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You friggin' wuss, back in the day we hunted pigs at night with a standard quality 3X9 hunting scope. I hear they won't attack you if you're wearing pink combat , panties, or pink snake boots. NV for pigs is for pussies. Wish all of my old buds were here to give you hell about "NV for Pigs". I bet after the kill, you all share popsicles, fruity tuty kind, and root beer to celebrate.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    RE: MRO - I've tried everything in my power to break my MRO which I purchased as soon as they were available, and I could not yet do so. It's on an EDC AR of mine and it doesn't have any issues at all. With that said, I'd have purchased a green 2MOA MRO if given the chance to do it all over again. GDS is better than RDS in my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    RE: MRO - I've tried everything in my power to break my MRO which I purchased as soon as they were available, and I could not yet do so. It's on an EDC AR of mine and it doesn't have any issues at all. With that said, I'd have purchased a green 2MOA MRO if given the chance to do it all over again. GDS is better than RDS in my opinion.
    Sounds good VM, hopefully when you get time you can post some results/review on these.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    The only thing I question, is buying a RDS and then spending a small fortune for a magnifier. Hell, if you're going to do all of that, why not go with a 1X4 or 6 or etc. scope? My instincts are if you buy a magnifier, you want to see a long ways, so why not buy a Vortex or other variable, depending what your budget is? That, a QD mount and some BUIS and you're covered for a lot of situations. You don't have to buy a $1500 Vortex, there are many good quality scopes and mounts that would serve you well for half of that.
    That's pretty much how I think about it, too. If I want magnification, I use an LPVO. I guess the flip side is the Razor 1-6 functions reasonable well as a RDS at 1x. Magnifers seem impractical to me, but I think I understand the allure. For a long time, I wanted the Eotech set up with the 4 dots and the magnifier, but now I'd much rather put that coin towards another Razor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    That's pretty much how I think about it, too. If I want magnification, I use an LPVO. I guess the flip side is the Razor 1-6 functions reasonable well as a RDS at 1x. Magnifers seem impractical to me, but I think I understand the allure. For a long time, I wanted the Eotech set up with the 4 dots and the magnifier, but now I'd much rather put that coin towards another Razor
    I think that if a person still has one and it works, fine. But with today's scopes, it just doesn't make sense to me. More shit, more weight, blah blah blah. With todays's 1X((name it), and many good ones to fit just about anyone's budget, scopes and magnifiers don't make sense, unless you have an older red dot and NEED magnification. I agree with your assessment, as far as that goes. Hell, I didn't like them when the "fantastic" 1 by *you name it" scopes came out. Not trying to be "passive/aggressive", but I guess to each his own.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    But magnifiers don’t make sense to me and are an older solution. Bulky and low magnification. A Steiner P4Xi 1-4 is a better solution IMO and is in the $400 range.
    One answer is that your usage only requires a dot 90+% of the time, but every so often you require a little more mag. For most LVPOs (but not all, of course), the RDS is going to be quicker and lighter. So the few times you need the magnifier, you either attach it or just flip it into "use mode" and do what you need to do.

Does every rifle need this for every use-case? Of course not. But when either a LVPO isn't needed, or a LVPO (that matches your usage...read: more capable which equals more expensive) on every rifle is cost-prohibitive, the magnifier fill a niche.