Downloads
    Uploads

New multi caliber Can from Sico. 9mm pistol up to 338 Lapua.

Downloads
    Uploads

SilencerCo releases the Omega 36M modular suppressor

The unnamed modular suppressor from Shot Show this year is officially called the Omega 36M.
    This new full auto rated modular can will support cartridges from 22 Hornet all the way up to 338 Lapua Mag, in either configuration. The full size can is 7.6" long weighing 16.5 ounces, and the short configuration is 5.1" long weighing 9.2 ounces. MSRP is $1187.
    With the provided numbers, I am assuming this is with the included ASR mount. The suppressor is compatible with the Charlie line of adaptors (Saker and Chimera) and can be mounted with an ASR, piston, and tri lug muzzle devices.

Sound suppression for the 338LM is down to 139 dB at the ear in both configurations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just merged these threads together.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just merged these threads together.
    Thanks. Didn't see the other when I posted the release video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been waiting on the spec for this can. My next hunting rifle is going to be either going to chambered in 30 Nosler or 30 PRC (presently leaning toward the 30 Nosler). Last time I contacted SiCo, they said that I’d need the Harvester Bigbore, and DeadAir said The Nomad direct thread would handle both. Was close to getting the Nomad, but now, I think I may go O36.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s like they couldn’t decide if they should copy Griffin or Rugged. Surefire feels rejected.

Disclaimer: I'm being a smart alek. Not being passive-aggressive. Looks like a nice can, but it also looks fat. It's listed as 1.57" OD, which is a touch bigger than most cans in this class with typically stick to 1.5'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    It’s like they couldn’t decide if they should copy Griffin or Rugged. Surefire feels rejected.

Disclaimer: I'm being a smart alek. Not being passive-aggressive. Looks like a nice can, but it also looks fat. It's listed as 1.57" OD, which is a touch bigger than most cans in this class with typically stick to 1.5'
    I laughed out loud. I was thinking of doing the same thing but I don't think it would have gone over as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This doesn’t have a glued outer tube does it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    This doesn’t have a glued outer tube does it
    Sure looks like it. I’m assuming it makes core repair easier by removing the serialized shell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Sure looks like it. I’m assuming it makes core repair easier by removing the serialized shell.
    There are other ways (and other places to put the serial #) if that is the concern. Avoiding welds and using glue for weight savings isn’t my choice. Seen a few omegas “deglove” in the field and that’s a big nope

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are other ways (and other places to put the serial #) if that is the concern. Avoiding welds and using glue for weight savings isn’t my choice. Seen a few omegas “deglove” in the field and that’s a big nope

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine unscrewed once, I cleaned the threads, and applied rockset no problem since. It those were the days of carbon locking on the asr. Not an issue since I went keymount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Modular can?

nEvAH BiN DuN bEFoRe

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine unscrewed once, I cleaned the threads, and applied rockset no problem since. It those were the days of carbon locking on the asr. Not an issue since I went keymount.
    Rocksett’s instruction sheet says do not use in damp or wet conditions. I don’t think it is ideal for me.
    Name:  9201E7A6-96C3-4670-947D-419681A36B92.jpeg
Views: 305
Size:  937.9 KB

My loctite which was recommended to me by a suppressor mfr is rated to 500*. Since I’m not using a machine gun, that’s been sufficient so far, but there’s an even higher one to 650*. Should be good to go