Downloads
    Uploads

Stark Equipment SE-1 AR-15 Grip

The Stark SE-1 is designed to maximize weapon control, reduce shooting fatigue and support a solid tactical platform. Each crucial point of shooter-to-weapon contact has been carefully thought out, tested by professionals, and optimized to benefit the user in every type of situation, while the durable, textured material provides a reliable grip when it counts. Novice and veterans alike will appreciate its unique design, no matter the environment or mission. The geometry of the SE-1 reflects the current tactical demand for functionality and endurance.

Resistant to weather extremes, chemical exposure and abuse, the rugged SE-1 is available in Black, Dark Earth and OD Green.

- Includes a Grip Plug for battery storage inside the grip (Choice of CR123 or AA battery grip plug)
    - Integral over-sized trigger guard accommodates gloved hands
    - Resistant to weather extremes, chemical exposure and abuse

Note: The standard trigger guard must be completely removed to install the SE-1.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not yet had the chance to attach this grip to a lower in order to test the grip's performance out as of yet. The model I was provided fits the CR123 battery in the grip, there is also an option for AA batteries. The battery grip plug fits snug and will not fall out easily, however it is easier to remove quickly if needed. Other grips that I have had in the past have been somewhat difficult to access the batteries, especially in a hasty situation. The grip is comfortable and fits my medium sized hand well. With the addition of the attached trigger guard it provides comfort where the standard "stock" trigger guard can cause fatigue and discomfort to the "middle finger" during prolonged shooting.

I will post a follow up review in the near future to provide further feedback.
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are some photos with the Stark Grip attached to a lower. The install was extremely simple and I was able to remove the standard grip and install the Stark Grip in minutes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stark has introduced two variations of their original SE-1 AR15 Pistol Grip, designated as the SE-2 AR15 Sling Grip. The overall grip contour, integral trigger guard and internal storage remain the same as the SE-1. The SE-2 adds a sling mount attachment point on the top rear of the grip, with the option of either a Swivel Mount or a Hook Mount. The Swivel Mount works with any of the standard QD mounts and the Hook Mount works with HK style, MASH, Trigger Snap and similar hooks.

I've been testing the Swivel Mount version of the SE-2 in conjunction with the Gear Sector GS2P sling and their QD Adapter. Installation of the grip is straightforward and Stark has a well-done installation guide included and also available at http://www.starkequipment.com/Pages/...AR_Install.pdf.

The grip angle of the SE line takes some getting used to and initially felt unnatural to me, since I’m so used to the standard A2 grip and those with a similar angle. The distance from the back-strap of the grip to the trigger is increased, which may or may not be a good thing, depending on the hand size of the shooter. Those folks with small hands would probably be better off looking at narrower grip. I consider my hand size to be average to large and the grip positions my hand so that the pad of the index finger contacts the trigger. I have to slightly rotate my grip to use the first distal joint to manipulate the trigger. While this is certainly a matter of personal preference and shooting style, I prefer to use the latter of the two methods when I shoot the AR15.

The QD easily locked into the receiving socket on the grip and stayed locked solidly in place. I position my hand as high as possible on the grip while shooting and I found that as the loop portion of the swivel rotated, it dug into my hand a bit. The grip contour is comfortable, but certainly unique appearing. The grip is textured, but my preference is for something a bit more aggressive.

I’m going to continue to use the Stark SE-2 Grip for a bit, but I don’t anticipate that it will be replacing the MIAD on my work gun.