Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I wish I had one of those bad boys
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They are pretty sweet. Need to get into the full ambi game. My seekins is cool, but lacking a certain left side mag release

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think it looks much better when it's built up as well.

Just waiting for the gas block to be pinned on this one, and then I can install the barrel.

i like the ambimag relies
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    i like the ambimag relies
    Ambi Mag Release?

The High Velocity Arms AMR II works really really well. Probably my favorite Mag release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it looks much better when it's built up as well.

Just waiting for the gas block to be pinned on this one, and then I can install the barrel.

That my Sir is a fine work of art!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why no shell deflector for the upper receiver though?
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ambi Mag Release?

The High Velocity Arms AMR II works really really well. Probably my favorite Mag release.
    yeap that is what i say :)
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Can you share some pro tips for pinning GB's? I'm slowly acquiring jigs and accessories to do it myself but would love to hear your methodology.

Drill press or mill you'd recommend, quality bits, or anything else pertinent would be a huge help.
    I drill press is mandatory of course, and there are several jig's out there, like the Rainier Arms. Use plenty of Lube. You can also use something like the 87 Industries Gas Block, which is setup for the DIY guys.

Honestly, after a few gas block pins, I just have the Gunsmith do it. I wait till have a batch of them, and send them in at once. Eliminates the, oh shit, I screwed it up factor. A lot of you guys are probably a lot more handy than I am though.

Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Why no shell deflector for the upper receiver though?
    I actually prefer a shell deflector, but Gary at Dahmer Arms, decided no deflector.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I drill press is mandatory of course, and there are several jig's out there, like the Rainier Arms. Use plenty of Lube. You can also use something like the 87 Industries Gas Block, which is setup for the DIY guys.

Honestly, after a few gas block pins, I just have the Gunsmith do it. I wait till have a batch of them, and send them in at once. Eliminates the, oh shit, I screwed it up factor. A lot of you guys are probably a lot more handy than I am though.
    I don't blame you, purposely making holes in expensive barrels can be daunting. I've picked up some goodies from RA and BRD but not sure my press is up to the challenge. I've read a very low RPM speed is recommended. I have a micro machine with good accuracy but 1,800 is its lowest ratio. Perfect for its former life doing automotive repair but thinking I need to find some thing more geared for GS operations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All of the uppers i've built myself have used barrels that came with and were prepped for pinned gas blocks (i.e. Daniel Defense, Noveske, etc.). I do have a gorgeous Northtech Defense barrel that i've been putting off assembling into a complete upper because it needs to have the gas block pinned. I've been delaying because i'm debating whether i want to attempt to do it myself, or just have it done. I also have a few complete BCM uppers that i'd like to have the gas blocks pinned on, so it would definitely be a good investment in the jig, and a good skill to have. However, i'd hate to have one of those "oh shit" moments UW mentioned on my NTD barrel. It would be nice to have a practice barrel. Hey, maybe there's a use for those cheap ass Anderson barrels after all!!!

Those Dahmer Arms billet sets are gorgeous, by the way. And although i'd personally prefer a shell delector, there's something to be said about the clean, simple lines of a slick-side upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    All of the uppers i've built myself have used barrels that came with and were prepped for pinned gas blocks (i.e. Daniel Defense, Noveske, etc.). I do have a gorgeous Northtech Defense barrel that i've been putting off assembling into a complete upper because it needs to have the gas block pinned. I've been delaying because i'm debating whether i want to attempt to do it myself, or just have it done. I also have a few complete BCM uppers that i'd like to have the gas blocks pinned on, so it would definitely be a good investment in the jig, and a good skill to have. However, i'd hate to have one of those "oh shit" moments UW mentioned on my NTD barrel. It would be nice to have a practice barrel. Hey, maybe there's a use for those cheap ass Anderson barrels after all!!!

Those Dahmer Arms billet sets are gorgeous, by the way. And although i'd personally prefer a shell delector, there's something to be said about the clean, simple lines of a slick-side upper.

The jigs are excellent. Just take a little time and make sure everything lines up. I'm personally afraid of my drill bits walking because the high rpm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post

The jigs are excellent. Just take a little time and make sure everything lines up. I'm personally afraid of my drill bits walking because the high rpm
    The jigs definitely look rock solid. I've got access to machines galore, but due to my work schedule the only times i'm available to use them are when they're supposed to be making money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The lower is certainly unique. Not my cup of tea but looks like a quality piece. The upper looks like a CMT Tactical to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't know they made Rainier Arms branded C4's.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa