Thread: CAA UPG grip?

Downloads
    Uploads

CAA UPG grip?

Is this a fairly new grip? I have not seen it before or maybe I just overlooked it. It looks pretty good. Adjustable like the MIAD, rubberized parts, but no storage it seems. Just curious if anyone had compared the UPG to the MIAD. I have large hands, and having the ability to adjust the grip to fit is nice. I also like rubberized grips. Or something other than textured plastic or polymer. Looks like just the rear strap is rubberized, but it also has finger groove options in front which might be nice.

Just looking for opinions before I order the parts to finish my lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the one I have on my Stag 2T. I also have large hands and it fit's just fine for me. I have a MOE on my other AR but my Stag isn't balanced as good as my DD and this grip lets me have a good hold on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Anyone else with an opinion? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both the UPG and the MIAD on different rifles and I like both--it just depends on what I built the rifle for and what other parts I have on the gun (furniture). I use the UPG on my RRA Varmint A4 (24" bbl), but I have the MIAD on my newest S&W M&P15 carbine, and I even have an Ergo ambi grip on another RRA Tactical CAR A4--no grip religion here for me. It's all about how it feels for you on the rifle you put it on.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I went ahead and ordered the UPG and I love the way it feels so far. I mean I do not even have the lower assembled yet, but just getting a feel for it is really comfortable. I put on the largest backstrap and the multi-grooved front and it fits my large hands well. I can see some concern with the removable parts coming off in extreme use situations, and I am not sure how it compares to the MIAD grip as far as how the pieces attach, but it still is a nice grip.

Also got a PMAG from Rainier as well.....and get this...ordered saturday, arrived monday!!! How is that for service? Thanks guys!! :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CAA grip's front and back straps attack much the same way the straps on the Springfield XD(M) do. Unless you know someone who had the grip fall apart under certain conditions then I would trust it--I trust mine. Don't quote me on this, but I think that a lot of CAA gear is designed by the Israelis and they are pretty good at making useful stuff.
    - Federalist22