Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Not all of us are in a job where we can a) have a cell phone on our person all the time, b) if we can, it may or may not actually work/receive a signal, and/or c) need to know what time it is in a place other than our current location.

Besides the utilitarian aspect, it's just like cars, guns, women, etc... sometimes it's nice to have something with a little style. I enjoy wearing my Omega X-33, but I paid no where NEAR MSRP. I sure wouldn't have one if that's what I had to do. I'd love a Rolex Coca-Cola GMT II (there's that timezone thing again) because I think it looks really sharp and would meet my needs, but it's way too expensive and other, much more cheaper watches do the job (like my Casio G-Shock). Besides, that's money that can be spent on cars, guns, women, etc...

+2

My watch is part of my EDC. I feel naked without it. All my watch are (Analog - Timex Digital - Armitron that have seen better days and lived up to its name). Once I start diving again, Suunto will probably find its way into my watch collection. G-Shock watch will make its way this christmas, hopefully.

Uw77, if price is a big deal, almost all LEO's where I live wear Casio G-Shocks. Granted they have been fairly proven to be abused beyond (Almost like a Glock if i do say so myself).
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just be careful to consider that watches like Omega need regular tune-ups to the tune of ~$300 otherwise they will stop working, like the speedmaster I have sitting waiting for the funds to repair, something like $800. I have gone back to wearing my Casio Pathfinder PAG 80. Not stylish but takes a beating

Sent using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm into micro brands of dive watches, so status isn't quite what I'm after. I really just enjoy wearing them for myself, and I'm trying to separate my hand from my phone for at least one thing....

Not to mention I'm working the beach 7 days a week 6 months of the year, even the new S5 isn't that water proof~

Buzo Beach (1 of 1) by S~Ragan, on Flickr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of you gentlemen have expensive tastes.

I need to take a picture, but I wear a Citizen Eco-Drive watch. Wife bought the stainless version, I paid for the upgrade to the Titanium upgrade and never regretted it. I even figured out at least the basic functions behind the tachymeter scale!

I do admit that I have lust in my heart for the Citizen Eco-Drive Skyhawk Titanium Watch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dave doesn't like anything he can't 3D print.... at least yet.
    Haha yeah it's just a matter of time

Interesting responses, thanks guys. I figured it was kind of a fashion thing ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerman725 View Post
    Just be careful to consider that watches like Omega need regular tune-ups to the tune of ~$300 otherwise they will stop working, like the speedmaster I have sitting waiting for the funds to repair, something like $800. I have gone back to wearing my Casio Pathfinder PAG 80. Not stylish but takes a beating

Sent using Tapatalk
    Omega takes care of some folks depending on what they've bought and how they bought it. I don't pay for maintenance/parts, which is a nice bonus. That said, I don't wear it when I deploy/on the a boat, only when I'm home.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not quite as classy as a Rolex or Omega but my Eco drive has been 100% as well as my Bulova, both excellent watches for the money and the Bulova usually gets lots of nice compliments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lumtec, accept no substitutes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I do like.....have to sell a kid though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    recently bought and currently wearing this one Seiko chronograph it's affordable and looks great. though i realized i dont have much use for the stop watch feature, it just makes the watch look...pretty.
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    How about this one? www.prestigetime.com/item/Omega/Speedmaster-Moonwatch-Professional-42mm/311.90.42.30.01.001%20Apollo%2011.html?utm_source= GBase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GBase&gclid=CIOK--P7_cACFVQV7AodoHoACg

On a serious note my brother has a black EcoDrive and loves it. I think it is pretty awesome save for the fact that it doesn't illuminate and is fairly hard to read in low light. I'd love to get a fancy watch solar type watch with tritium inserts but I'm fairly poor so at the moment I'm rocking an OD green & black Timex Ironman Triathlon. This thing is a beast and under $35. It has quite a few features too for being so cheap.

Here's a link for poor people like me
    www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003WQFHPM?pc_redir=1407186975&robot_redir=1
    -Josh

SCOPE~NYSRPA~FUAC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Omega Seamaster Pro Automatic is my daily :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical View Post
    Omega Seamaster Pro Automatic is my daily :)

That's all kinds of good looking right there. Thanks for posting. Makes me want a Seamaster just that much more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    +1 on the Seamaster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

I saw your photo either on EDCU or IG, I can't remember. I'm not a watch guy but the simplicity of this caught my eye and I thought "That's a cool watch. It's nice and clean ... I could probably sport that one."

Then I googled it.....
    Last edited by 875fps; 2 October 2014 at 13:58.